"Award Winning" Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

I'm heading over to my sister's and brother-in-law's place for Easter dinner and it is a potluck dinner. I decided to use my BGE and make these beans. I'm heading over there in about a half hour and the beans not only look great but taste great! I have a stong suspicion they are going to love them. I'll be making these again. The only thing I will do differently is fry the bacon a little longer before adding the pepper and onion. Great recipe!

2012-04-08141233.jpg

Well I gave the bean recipe a good ol college try. They turned out really good as far as I was concerned. Others didn't seen to like them as much. Too much peach flavor I think was the comments I got. Must have been the kind of peaches I used. But still good!!

They were a little sweet for my father, but everyone else really liked them.

AWESOME Beans!! Can't say enough. I made these last weekend, and everybody loved them. Thanks to Wampus for sharing!

I made 2 Batches of this yesterday. I finished 2 pork butts that had been put on the Egg at !2:30 AM. I then smoked 2 Bob Evans Maple Fatties. I used 6 cans of beans instead of 4, and Blue Hog BBQ Sauce instead of the recommended Famous Dave's as I could not find it. I also used 1 1/2 tsp Cheyenne Pepper. I smoked it for 4 hours on the Egg using Whicked Good Lump and Apple wood chunks- still doing well from the pork butts- got > 20 hrs from that burn. All I can say is OMG Farkin Awesome. If you have not tried this you definately should. Thanks Wampus Will definately do again.

I made 2 Batches of this yesterday. I finished 2 pork butts that had been put on the Egg at !2:30 AM. I then smoked 2 Bob Evans Maple Fatties. I used 6 cans of beans instead of 4, and Blue Hog BBQ Sauce instead of the recommended Famous Dave's as I could not find it. I also used 1 1/2 tsp Cheyenne Pepper. I smoked it for 4 hours on the Egg using Whicked Good Lump and Apple wood chunks- still doing well from the pork butts- got > 20 hrs from that burn. All I can say is OMG Farkin Awesome. If you have not tried this you definately should. Thanks Wampus Will definately do again.

Yep. Redhot made them yesterday too. Our mods were three cans of beans instead of two, Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse sauce, rum (We forgot to get bourbon...:doh:) and probably 2 tsp of cayenne.

Best beans ever!!!!!

That's the beauty of this place! I would have missed this threat had it not been for the new posts. Thank you Wampus for sharing this with the brethren, and those that tryed it and posted back!

These will be tryed out this summer for sure, the look and sound great!

That's the beauty of this place! I would have missed this threat had it not been for the new posts. Thank you Wampus for sharing this with the brethren, and those that tryed it and posted back!

These will be tryed out this summer for sure, the look and sound great!

YES!

Thanks to all that tried them this past weekend. I got a few PM's and answered some questions last week. Glad to see that folks that tried em liked em.

The recently mentioned mods are pretty much what I've been doing too. Sauce is really a preference thing. I like how Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon sauce adds the bourbon and fruity flavor with a nice kick, but I've also added Big Butz HOT a lot.

I also go with the cayenne.

Thanks all for posting back! :thumb:

I like how Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon sauce adds the bourbon and fruity flavor with a nice kick, but I've also added Big Butz HOT a lot.

I also go with the cayenne.

Thanks all for posting back! :thumb:

Yep. I got the JD because of the bourbon flavoring. They only seem to carry about three of the Famous Dave's brand here. We did consider the Big Butz though, as we keep that on hand. The recipe ROCKS Wampus!

Recipe looks awesome. Has anyone substituted HDD for the Cayanne in this?

Menards has FD Apricot Bourbon sauce around here. I absolutely love this recipe, both making it and eating it.

Wampus, I can't thank you enough for sharing!

Made two large pans of these for my Memorial Day cook. They are AWESOME! Couldn't find the apricot bourbon bbq sauce but I got my hands on some FD sweet and sassy and they came out great. Thanks again Wampus :thumb:

Congrats.. Sounds like a good recipe. I will be trying these once i can have carbohydrates again.

Thanks Wampus. I made these this weekend for my nephew's birthday party. My brother made pulled pork in the crock-pot :doh: but I kept it real with the Wampus beans. They were a huge hit. I couldn't find the FD bourbon BBQ sauce so I just made do with what I had at the house. They were terrific.
Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! Will treat as secret to the rest of the world, much like some of the recipes I have gotten from other professionals. :)
I will try these as soon as I can learn to make the pie filling, the GF is allergic to MSG and it is in almost EVERYTHING. Gonna swing by Big Butz as it is a few miles from my cabin, bet they have sauce she can have. Love the little guys.

I made a big mess of these beans Saturday. They were awesome! Friends, family and myself thoroughly enjoyed them. Thanks much, Wampus, for sharing this recipe!!

i am going to an after communion party this weekend for my neice and i'm going to bring these wampus. i know i won't be able to find the bbq sauce, so i'll probably have to go with a big box store brand.

In my area Menards carries the sauce. I'll be giving this recipe a run this weekend. Can't wait to try it.

i am going to an after communion party this weekend for my neice and i'm going to bring these wampus. i know i won't be able to find the bbq sauce, so i'll probably have to go with a big box store brand.

I've used several sauces for the recipe. I'd recommend any sweet, spicy sauce, based on the level of spice that you want, of course.

Back