Could This Be The Explanation For Judge 6???

I would imagine it happens, I have seen it in restaurants.

I truely believe my wife is. She's my secret weapon. She tells me what I got screwed up, or what I need to improve on, and I try to figure it out.

It also makes me contemplate whether or not its right for someone who knows that they are a Supertaster to be a judge.

Not saying it necessarily would be, just a thought.

so, my question is this. Is judge 6 on my right or left? And which meat? We are taught in the Table Captain class to not pass the trays the same way all the time. Usually my first tray will go from my right to left, the next tray, same meat might follow, or go the opposite direction. So my point being, my judge 6 will most likely NOT be the same one all the time.....

Other explanations. Hungover, not feeling well, spicy breakfast, just likes real hot food and thinks Habs are a snack food, hates spicy food. And the best one I've heard is nobody cooks better BBQ than me.

The only logical explanation is 6 people with different tastes.

I think Bob is a secret supertaster.

You talking about me Guerry? Actually, I am the opposite. Somewhat ironically, despite my wine and beer snobbery and passion for food, I am not a great palate for flavors. I have a terrible time picking out distinct flavors and aromas. But, what I am actually good at, and have a little tiny reputation for is a real sense for balance, acidity and texture.

Supertasters make up a common subset within the population and have not been proven to have different PREFERENCES than non-supertasters across the spectrum. Typically, they can discern smaller variations than non-supertasters but their taste profiles are just as unpredictable as anyone else's.

The "Judge 6" concept is fun to talk about, but is, in reality, the effect of randomness when dealing with subjectivity. I have a friend who is a supertaster and worked for years testing tea. He loves barbeque of all kinds and when we discuss personal tastes in barbeque (he's not a judge) our preferences are quite similar.

Hub

Anderson Cooper did a show about this, he got the audience involved in a test. It is true as far as I can tell.

Back