FBA Turn In Box Pics

Sauced!

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics or point me in the right direction of some pic of FBA turn ins? We are doing my first FBA contest this weekend and so far pics have been hard to come by in my search. I'm used to KCBS greenery and want to see what people are doing without having to deal with the green stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Just build it up with some really good pulled pork and chicken.I lay a few ribs down to raise up my layers of ribs but its a rule that all rib meat must have a bone in it.brisket is iffy on the pulled base I would just do slices and ends if necessary and fill all the boxes up completely with really good product.the judge is gonna sample all of what is presented to them.seeing white in the bottom is not a good thing in my experience.the fba rocks some of my best friends in q are with the fba.

I can't believe that I'm actually going to post these. These were 3 of the boxes that I turned in over 2 years ago at a comp. Only ones I could find so far. I actually got a walk out of the chicken.
PA090113.jpg

PA090111.jpg

PA080110.jpg

Yes, they have gotten better since then.

Russ

FBA has (or had) a facebook page with several great pics.

I am not a Facebook kinda guy and can't find it right now.

And Russ' turnins are much better now :grin:

TIM

Thanks Russ. That helps alot.

Thanks Tim. I found the FBA page on Facebook and there were some pics. Didnt even think of looking there earlier.
Boy, boxes without greenery look really weird!

Thanks!

Thanks Russ. That helps alot.

Thanks Tim. I found the FBA page on Facebook and there were some pics. Didnt even think of looking there earlier.
Boy, boxes without greenery look really weird!

Thanks!
i alway thought boxes with greenery looked weird. lol. in the fba you have to get creative and make look meat look good useing only meat. pulled meat under your pork for a bed to lift your good pieces up but remember your pulled will get judged also. some do pulled for a bedding under the chicken as well i have started getting away from that just make sure your pieces are tight together. with brisket some do pulled on the bottom some dont. i dont. the less types you turn in the less gets judged. fill the boxes up. most of my boxes weigh a ton. good luck

I have only judged KCBS, so I don't know what FBA judges are looking for, but I really want to take several bites from all of those boxes. Thanks for posting them.

Seems like that much meat in a box will stay hot much longer which, if so, is a big advantage.

I have actually been looking around the web too as we are doing our 1st FBA comp in Dothan this year

Thanks for posting some pics

Anyone have any pics or point me in the right direction of some pic of FBA turn ins? We are doing my first FBA contest this weekend and so far pics have been hard to come by in my search. I'm used to KCBS greenery and want to see what people are doing without having to deal with the green stuff.

Thanks in advance!

I did a FBA a few years ago... my first. I LOVED it.... they will have pics most likely for you to look at. The reps will be around and if you ask before they do, they will be more than glad to show you some, just like KCBS does. You will also love the 1 hr between turn ins.... the big thing is to remember that they do not WANT to see any white in the bottom of the box. My worst box was ribs.... it can be done though... think St. Louis, not baby back.... which is curved, my mistake.

You should be fine, and remember, have fun and don't sweat it.... enjoy the between turn in times, as it will give you time to clean up before you have to have the next box ready, and time to sit a few and have a cold drink..... Good luck.

also, remember the scoring is different.... a perfect score is 200, and they score (if I remember right) from 1-10. also forgot to add, minimum of 8 pieces instead of 6... remember... 8 pieces, that helps fill up the box....

Last edited:
Yep. Those were correct. We took 16th in brisket. I wasn't as happy with our brisket box but thought it tasted great. Judges like the box but didn't like the taste as much. Oh well!

We were very happy with the results for our first event of the season. Have about 2 months until our next event which will bring us back to the kcbs and greenery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Great job, and THAT's how you make meat look like meat!

That is some fine meat. There are very few pork boxes I want to snatch a piece out of, but that one qualified. It must be breakfast time!

Back