View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Saiko
is Blowin Smoke!

Wow, this is an old post that was resurrected. Since there are a couple of questions, I will go ahead and answer them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad View Post
You may have mentioned this before. Where did you get the Moose's savory chicken rub? Is this a recipe you have or is there a link? My wife and kiddos love chicken and I am trying to find different recipes with rubs to try. Thanks!
Seth
That rub was sent to me by Moose in a trade, so I have no idea what's in it! Hopefully Moose can chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Al Gold View Post
Awesome looking chicken! I will try this technique for sure with some pecan chunks soon.
I've kind of changed my techniques for using chunks. Now instead of adding them to the chimney, I add them to the top of the charcoal bed in the grill. After lighting the chimney, I only wait about 15 minutes and then spread the coals out. Only about 1/2 of them are greyed over at this piont, but I need to give the chunks plenty of time to burn.
I then throw about 5-10 chunks on top of the charcoal and let everything burn for about 30 more minutes. This burns off any residue from the grates also.
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
Saiko is offline   Reply With Quote