New Guy and a new pit build...

Looks like your making great progress. Your doing better than I ever could.This is something you will be proud of for years to come. Keep the picture coming.

Back again! Had family in town, marathon training kids, work.....blah, blah.

Started to get the frame together. Getting ready to put tires on and some adjustments to the frame to get a better fit to the horizontal tank. Up next, cuts to mount the fire box and vertical tank.

grill25.jpg
grill29.jpg

grill31.jpg
grill34.jpg
grill38.jpg

This is where the vertical is going to get mounted when I get it cur out and the transfer built(the closed box for the heat and smoke to flow through) It will also house the damper to close and open flow to the vertical chamber.

grill39.jpg

Got my wheels tonight....rated for 320 lbs a piece...I did not plan my grill height well...the wheels will put it a bit higher than I wanted. Right now it is about 37 in to then opening to the horizontal gill, below the axe...

Thanks, and I'm the one running the marathon , not my kids..lol in about 22 days...I am dying to finish this bad boy and cook on it an hope to have it done by then!!

Very interesting build you got going...great idea with the ability to change your airflow when not using the upright chamber. :cool: Good luck on your run...:thumb:

Nice build for sure. I am a certified welder and would be happy to help with any welding questions. keep the pics comming! Great job Brother!

Keep the pictures coming, looking forward to this build.:thumb:

I still around.....picking the build back up. I have all the wife's furniture projects bumping mine. I have much work to do on this. Stay tuned!!:thumb:

I have truly enjoyed following your progress. I appreciate the details, and of course the pics. Can't wait to see what's next!

Back