Roll Call. Inside 30 days. NKC MO BBQ State Championship NORTH KANSAS CITY, MO 03/11/2011

Smokin' Hicks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got the bug BADDDDD.....weather should be interesting.....anyone know if this comp. offers electricity and is it on pavement or grass (mud I mean)

I got the bug BADDDDD.....weather should be interesting.....anyone know if this comp. offers electricity and is it on pavement or grass (mud I mean)

There's no electricity - you'll have to bring a generator. They have sites on grass and on pavement.

Worth Smokin will be there competing and vending. Come check out our new Extreme BBQ Trailer.

Tyler

i see on there web site turn in starts 1 hour later, there showing pork before ribs ?

The pork before ribs is probably a typo, but turn-ins are an hour later than a normal contest. They have big parade and, in the old days, some teams had to cross the street that the parade route runs on. It wasn't unusual to see people running boxes across the street between fire trucks and parade floats. They have since moved the contestants to a different location but for some reason the 1pm starting turn-in time for chicken has stayed the same.

sounds like a good time,heard expecting 100 teams......inviting breathern over for our 911 shot,here we go again

Already looking forward to it! Freakin' hard to believe it's only four weeks away! Hell, we just finished cooking 2010 six weeks ago! :shock: Guess that means no rust to start 2011. :heh:

We're in.

In the past they have been pretty loose with assigned spots. So if you need next to someone with a gen. Let them know.

Hoping to send in my app this week. Looking forward to gettin started.

If Casten is going, I'm going. I still have the Casten Cup....wanna do chicken again?

I too have the Casten Cup. I see a trend here....

If I make the contest you can definitely count me in! Would love a bottle of Crown from Casten.

Anyone know if there is room left? I have emailed Jay twice with no responses and the phone number is prerecorded :crazy:

You want in, Pat? Anyone else? Winner gets a bottle of Crown!!

You guys think you can beat a 156? Thats my high score for the year ... well my only score for the year. But I must warn you; we were set up next to Big T's last week and saw exactly how they cooked their chicken.

Same bet Nate ... bottle of Crown to the winner. Everyone's welcome in.

Back