Moose's New Year's Eve Tandoori Feast

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The missus and I decided to do an Indian themed dinner. Tandoori chicken cooked hot and fast on the UDS, homemade mint chutney, eggplant bhartha, garlic naan, and vegetable biryani. Everything was scrumptious!

IMG_3691.jpg

ok! It looks incredible--but--I don't know what that stuff is! I'd love the ingredients and recipes.We enjoy indian food when we can find it! thanks Doug PS--stuff--not meant to be a negative conotation!(sp):icon_blush:

That chicken is killer, sides ain't no slouch there either!!

Wow! That's an amazing looking meal - restaurant quality for sure!:clap2:

I read your previous thread about your chicken and apologize that I did not respond to your last post on the thread.

Re: recipes, I'm jealous of your tandoori chicken recipe since it souinds like the real deal. An easy shortcut for the chicken is to buy Shan masala - packaged spices for a gazillion different Indian and Pakistani dishes. You can find them in Asian and Indian/Pakistani grocery stores. Here in Houston, even HEB (regular grocery store) has them. The mixes tend to be on the hot (as in extra cayenne) side even for me, so I would experiment with how much mix you add to a given proprotion of meat.

For the tandoori chicken (also try the broast and chicken tikka mixes), i generally add the spice mix (about half to one full package to 4 leq quarters cut however you like), few tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon each of garlic and ginger pastes, and a few generous squirts of real mayo. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours - shorter marination= better retained texture of the meat, longer= slightly broken down texture of the meat. Depends on how you like it.

Doesn't look like I need to tell you how to grill it. Squeeze some lime on it and garnish with cilantro if you wish.

Having said all of that, I'm going to try your recipe next time I fire up the UDT! And those naans look fabulous!

Great job on that grub Moose, I love Indian food as well. I should wander down to Fremont (Mumbai West) and see what spice blends I can find.

Back