Smoked Pork Rellanos

Thanks friends! I appreciate your kind comments.
:cool:

It looks like a red sauce on my monitor, and I'm glad I've already had breakfast. :-DAre there any other ingredients?
Dave, I woke up in the middle of the night whispering 'tomato sauce'.... :-D
I forgot to add the tomato sauce to the recipe! lol

It's 1 cup.

Sorry about that and thanks Dave! :thumb:

When's the next batch? I'm on my way.

Thank you Richman, I still have several left, but ya better hurry. :)

Thanks again friends..

No, thank you! I'm definately making some of these after my next butt cook!

I looked at that sauce and said to myself - she must have used red onions to get it that color:-D:-D:-D

Just went to the blog to check the recipe but you beat me to it...................

Cool idea about spooning the batter on top - sure makes it easier.

Nice job, Jeannie:clap2:

Another great thread, good looking food. I've learned another recipe to try on my friends and neighbors. Nice job Jeanie.

Thank you so much friends... :-D
Please ignore my spelling mistakes.. I posted late last night and was pretty sleepy.
I need to stop doing that! :doh:

They were kinda tasty!

Nice looking chile rellenos Cowgirl. Where's the tortillas to suck all that juice up? :clap2:

Nice looking chile rellenos Cowgirl. Where's the tortillas to suck all that juice up? :clap2:

That would have been good... I forgot the cold beer too! :doh::redface:
Thanks Jedi!

Jeanie,
those look dang good!!! curious as to why you seperate the egg whites then later add the yolks back in? I'd like an "alton brown " explanation please, LOL

I am smoking some pork for the weekend and know that I'll have some leftover. For the past couple of days I've been kicking around a few ideas about what to do with it (besides sandwiches) so this couldn't have come at a better time. This definitely gets added to the list of possibilities.

Thanks for the post, cowgirl, as always it is outstanding.

Jeanie,
those look dang good!!! curious as to why you seperate the egg whites then later add the yolks back in? I'd like an "alton brown " explanation please, LOL
lol Thanks Mike! If you beat the egg whites until light and fluffy...incorporate air into the whites, the batter will be light. Then fold the beaten yolks in carefully so the whites retain the air. :)

I am smoking some pork for the weekend and know that I'll have some leftover. For the past couple of days I've been kicking around a few ideas about what to do with it (besides sandwiches) so this couldn't have come at a better time. This definitely gets added to the list of possibilities.

Thanks for the post, cowgirl, as always it is outstanding.

Thank you so much Sleepy Smoker, please feel free to call me jeanie.

OMG...anaheims rule, used pablano's once, never again.

Thank you Paulmark! I love anaheims too. :-D

Mind if I steal it??

You're sure welcome to it, Smoked chicken works well too.

The rellenos batter has no salt so the sauce is a must. I bet you could add salt to the batter and be okay though.

Thanks again friends!

Back