• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Been away too long

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've been away too long, and I am really stuggling with today's Q. Threw on a bunch of ribs, a 3 dollar chuck roast, and some fatties. I can't get the dang pit temp up, and i have no clue why. Checked the obvious stuff (is the probe in the bushes instead of the pit?) and everything seems fine.

Hope I get those temps above 170 soon.

All is well. I think my fire was too small. Was using a heat shield and small foire, so I took the sheild out and added fuel. Up to 240 now, so I will manage it down.

When I use the heat shield I wait until I have a good coal bed before adding it. Not sure if that contributed to your problem or not. I'd rather have to deal with adding fuel to get the temp up, than removing it to get it back down. Enjoy your cook!

Re: RE: Been away too long

Jorge said:
When I use the heat shield I wait until I have a good coal bed before adding it. Not sure if that contributed to your problem or not. I'd rather have to deal with adding fuel to get the temp up, than removing it to get it back down. Enjoy your cook!

Yep, you gotta get your flow established, then you can fark with with damping it. I've done the same thing you have, G$, and it's a pain...

And welcome back. ;)

RE: Re: RE: Been away too long

Welcome Back, How is/did the cook turn out? Glad to see you worked out the problem.

The cook was fine, thanks! So fine in fact, I am planning to do it again this weekend....

Back