View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #25
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

You want honesty? Okay. Yes, I signed the petition. I expressed my feelings against husbands/wives, parents/children, brothers/sisters, etc. serving together last year when Carol announced she was running for the board.

Was it because of Carol? NO! I would feel the same way if Theresa Lake, Maria Lohman, Jan Black, Debbie Harwell, or Vickie Ownby were to run. Heck, I would have been against Momma Dean Stone running if Tony was still on the board and I love her to death! The ONLY ones I would NEVER have been against would have been Carolyn and Gary Wells. They were FOUNDERS!

As long as KCBS allows it, I will always be against it. If anyone else feels the opposite, then that is their prerogative. And I’m not saying they are wrong, I just differ.

Now, back on the original topic of this thread. As I stated in my opening post, I feel it is very important for Board members to be able to work together for the betterment of our organization. Not that they can't disagree on matters, but channel these differences of opinions into a workable solution. I had heard RUMORS, R-U-M-O-R-S, that a, or some, board members have threatened other board members with a lawsuit(s) in regards to board business. Since I have never been to a board meeting to actually hear this in person, I am using this question to verify or shoot down what I have heard.

I am not asking for any explanations, just a yes or no answer to help ME decide my votes. Other people have asked questions of the candidates that would help them with their decisions, why can’t I.

Two candidates had NO problem answering the question and did not even balk or question why I asked it. And to be honest, as you asked me to, NO candidate has questioned it, just people who I really don’t need to answer to, but I did.

Phillip
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote