Burnt Ends and Vegetables Soup

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Another genius use for BBQ leftovers.
This RAAAAWKS!
I blended a few burnt ends to paste and used it with turnips, parsnips, carrots, kale, tomatoes, cannellini beans and split peas in the pressure cooker.
Bay leaves and peppercorns and thyme too.

Add the rest of the burnt ends and cook on stove top for ten to fifteen more minutes.

IMG_4292_zps88328c66.jpg

This is just soooo good!

Thanks guys

:yo:

Last edited:
Not sure you should call it Veg soup. You do realize burnt ends aren't really a veg? It does look really good no matter what you call it.

Not sure you should call it Veg soup. You do realize burnt ends aren't really a veg? It does look really good no matter what you call it.

You're not thinking this through.
All over the media they are telling me when I drink a glass of OJ I am actally drinking 1/4 glass of sugar, that when I have a coke I'm really having 13 teaspoons of sugar, so this grass fed herbivore is pure vegetable, and we are all told to eat more vegetables.:thumb:

Wow! That looks great Buccs, thanks for the idea! :becky:

You're not thinking this through.
All over the media they are telling me when I drink a glass of OJ I am actally drinking 1/4 glass of sugar, that when I have a coke I'm really having 13 teaspoons of sugar, so this grass fed herbivore is pure vegetable, and we are all told to eat more vegetables.:thumb:

OK, I'll give you that one. Veg Soup it is.:clap:

Looks delicious. Is the pressure cooker just to speed things along? I've never used one. Does it do add anything to the texture and or flavor over a regular pot?

Back