What's Smoking?

chromestacks

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I know it is only late wednesday but all of us smokers should know what is smoking this weekend. I have a sweet deal at the local butcher shop and meat market. I have been enlisted to custom smoke all of his customers bacon and hams. We usually toss something on for ourselfs and families. This week it will be prime rib and probably a few chickens and shop made sausages. What is going on your smoker? I will try to post some pictures if I remember. I am not sure how to uplaod them but maybe some of you guys and gals will chime in to lend a brother a hand. May there always be smoke in your camp.

This weekend it will be 2 pork butts, 1 brisket, and rib tips. Pics to follow.

This week is 4 turkeys and 2 hams plus Pig newtons, Pig candy and to get in the Thanksgiving mood a few ATT's (Atomic Turkey Turds)

Someone on the forum created these and they are more than awesome. They sound kind of icky but once you make them you will never return from the dark side.

Fig newton topped with a small dallop of cream cheese wrapped in bacon and smoked till the bacon is done. To make this even more awesomer, instead of wrapping them in plain bacon wrap them in bacon that was dipped in brown sugar...

I made these a few months ago and brought them to the ladies in the office. Pig Newtons are requested more than anything else I smoke or grill

Got the cooker going right now.

2 butts for myself
1 brisket, chuckie, & roast for one guy
1 turkey for another
& a small pork loin for someone else

49 cents a pound for turkey, think I'll throw a couple on and I've been looking forward to some pulled pork so a couple big butts or shoulders will be in order as well and seeings how I got plenty of room, a couple fatties too. Making me hungry already !! C'MON SATURDAY

Last edited by a moderator:
6 butts
6 full briskets
14 racks of ribs
2 turkey breasts
multiple pounds of rib tips
several trays of Mac & Cheese
1 or 2 Junkyard Dog fatties

We will be doing 175 slabs of BB's..part Fri and the rest Sat for a fundraiser....will prob need to get out the BIG cooler for hydration :wacko:

This could be my second weekend in a row where I don't make any smoke. My neighbors will come check on me to make sure I didn't die.

Nothing good was on sale at Kroger today. I'd like to do some ribs, but I don't do full retail these days, unless it is something really incredible.

CD

I'm doing a yardbird this weekend as a trial run for the turkey on thursday. I hope my apple wood gets here before sunday.

Jason

Back