no greens in box

southernstyle

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
has anyone ever left the greenery out of a turn in box, and made the meat look good with just meat. kinda like a fba box? and did you have a good appearance score?

I have, but it was for a backyard MBN where they don't allow garnish :p. It would be nice to not have to worry about garnish, but that will probably never go away. I have heard rumors that a few good teams don't garnish and do well, but very very few.

It's getting to where a good box is a good box. Here is FL your KCBS judges will more than likely be FBA judges, too. Greenery is way over-rated!!

yes in kcbs. 2 turkeys said no 6,5 while the others were 8's and 9's Won't do it again.

I know of a team that scored a 1st in pork in a 70+ team contest that used no garnish (according to them). I 100% believe them.

I was chatting with a KCBS rep last week about this very topic. In his opinion, garnish will never go away for two reasons. 1) It's one of the things that makes KCBS different from the other sanctioning bodies, it's sort of their "thing", and 2) Every year someone makes the motion to the board to remove garnish. It's been brought up about 10 times, and it's always defeated.

Best stock up on the parsley.

Back