View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #9
ulc
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch View Post
Awesome Pictorial
I will pass on the Raw Octopus though
Raw octopus isn't bad if you can get pass the texture. You do have to chew really well since the tentacles suction tend to stick on your tongue and inside your mouth. Suction sensation is weird when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I enjoyed reading and looking at the wonderful photos. Korean BBQ is a favorite of mine. And Korea is on my to-go list. Your post just drove it higher! thank you!
I hope you get a chance to visit. It was my second visit to Korea this year. I visited port city of Busan for a week in the Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperofsecrets View Post
Fabulous post! I envy you this trip and all the wonderful food. Regarding the *freshness* of the seafood...we'd all be in a better place with octopus tentacles than with whatever is used to make McD chicken nuggets.
Koreans are obsessed with fresh seafood. All the restaurants pretty much keep all the seafood alive in the fish tanks. If you're not used to it, it can kind of shock you first time you see things like abalone and conch moving in the hot pot as it's cooking. But because things are so fresh, the taste is amazing. Personally, I LOVE the food culture in Korea and how cheap everything is for the quality you receive. And there's no tipping which I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
What a great post Brother!

Thank you for sharing your trip!
Thanks Norm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
Looks like an epic trip. Thanks for the share.
It was really fun! It was first trip my wife and I took without our daughter traveling with us. We wouldn't have been able to eat all the delicious seafood if she came with us. She's not a fan of seafood.
ulc is offline   Reply With Quote