chicken @ the JACK

matthew burt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
does anybody know if you have to cook both white and dark meat at the Jack Daniels.

Yes, you need to have both white and dark meat in your chicken entry at the Jack.

Yep, the entry that we returned stated that both white and dark meat is to be submitted.......I haven't told Belly Bro yet........

Question for Scottie.....how limited is the electricity at Lynchburg? the southern gal I spoke to on the phone said, "bring your generator.":eek:

Also, do they follow KCBS rules or any other sanctioning body, or have their own?

if any of you haven't practiced white meat chicken for competiton at the jack, and you think you have a chance getting drawn.. you better get to practicing !!.. I cooked white meat chicken 3-4 times a week until i came up with something decent, then practiced that until i got consistent.

We are practicing chicken every week till the Jack. Did 48 pieces ont he weekend.
Also we were told to bring our generators as well.

And may I ask Podge how did you do with chicken at the Jack?

if any of you haven't practiced white meat chicken for competiton at the jack, and you think you have a chance getting drawn.. you better get to practicing !!.. I cooked white meat chicken 3-4 times a week until i came up with something decent, then practiced that until i got consistent.
I hear ya brother! We'll get after it this weekend! I'm not a big fan of white meat, but I guess I'm gonna learn to like it in the next few weeks....If we don't get a draw, then it will be a mute point....if we do get a draw, I'm gonn learn to like white meat....:redface:

Does a leg count as white meat? LOL

I assumed the Jack used KCBS Rules, guess I was way wrong on this one.

I assumed the Jack used KCBS Rules, guess I was way wrong on this one.

It's still pretty much KCBS rules, so you are not WAY wrong, it's just that they want white meat chicken with the dark meat. I personally think it's a good idea. I think this is the only real difference that you can readily notice.

I have been practicing the white meat since we thought we won a state championship contest.I saw a pic that was posted on another site and the person stated the white meat being in there was a requirement.

It's still pretty much KCBS rules, so you are not WAY wrong, it's just that they want white meat chicken with the dark meat. I personally think it's a good idea. I think this is the only real difference that you can readily notice.

They also require 7 pieces...

As for electricity. It's limited in areas. Not sure who is going to be working the parking this year. As Fred will be greatly missed. So if you have a generator, bring it. They have basically outgrown their area for teams.

I have been practicing the white meat since we thought we won a state championship contest.I saw a pic that was posted on another site and the person stated the white meat being in there was a requirement.

They also require 7 pieces...

As for electricity. It's limited in areas. Not sure who is going to be working the parking this year. As Fred will be greatly missed. So if you have a generator, bring it. They have basically outgrown their area for teams.

Thanks for the info guys.

How happy are you with your brine?:lol:

dont matter.. Your doing chicken. :)

so...its 7 pieces that includes white and dark meat...

so is 3/4 acceptable.. or something like all 6-7thighs and one breast or wing??

whats the norm?

damn, that box is gonna be cozy.

BTW.. I make a killer boob that just melts. :mrgreen::eusa_clap yippy for me.

Does anyone have any pictures of Jack chick boxes? Do most do 6 or is it 7 thighs and then slices of white?

Tom

Back