So I finally had some time to cook today...

brownkw

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
... and I had received a bottle of Socks Love Rub in the mail a couple of days ago. So I decided... why not try it out? So beef ribs and pork butts it is!

The ribs and butts were coated with a very light coat of vegetable oil then seasoned with Socks Love Rub.

IMG_3535.JPG

The butts went on the cooker at 9am. Primary source of smoke was oak wood. Temperature would run between 250 and 300 degrees. This would turn out to be a fast cook...

At noon, the ribs went on the smoker. At 2pm, the ribs came off the smoker (to be finished later), and the butts were foiled.

IMG_3538.JPG

By 3:45pm, the butts were showing an internal temp of 195, so off they came! The bone came out cleanly out of one of the butts (the other would go to my neighbor). And I have to say, it looked pretty darn good...

IMG_3542.JPG

Got a good yield out of it. Not much was wasted or thrown away.

IMG_3544.JPG

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

Yes, I left the membrane on the beef ribs. Rookie mistake. But they were still really tasty!

The rub worked great! Not too sweet, not too salty. Had a nice peppery flavor to it. I would highly recommend it. Works equally well on beef.

Looks mighty fine! That PP looks amazing for sure! Always nice to light up a fire.

All I can say is that I'm going to eat well at lunch the rest of the week! :becky:

Back