• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Have some pit beef

ScreamingChicken

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was looking to try some camera stuff so I used it as an excuse to make pit beef. Or maybe it was the other way around.

The package was labeled "round roast" so I have no idea if it was a top round or a bottom round. Regardless, it was a nice piece of meat and took the rub well.

Beef results were good, camera results not quite so much. The shot of the plated sandwiches didn't turn out worth a darn so you'll have use your collective imagination to imagine the fresh kaiser roll, the tasty horseradish sauce, the lettuce, the sliced tomato...

Brad

nice! done just the way I like it. what did you use to slice it?

nice! done just the way I like it. what did you use to slice it?

I have a no-name Chinese-made slicer; it's in the background of the last shot. It works OK but someday I'd like to replace it with something better, like a classic all-metal Hobart model. Perhaps I can sell one of my kids to pay for it.

Brad

What did you use for the rub?
Looks great - nice and rare...

I have a no-name Chinese-made slicer; it's in the background of the last shot. It works OK but someday I'd like to replace it with something better, like a classic all-metal Hobart model. Perhaps I can sell one of my kids to pay for it.

Brad

keep your eye open for a Hobart or Berkel slicer at auctions. I have a friend who picked up a Berkel slicer for $15!!

What ever kind of Roast it was, the sliced beef looks Great,, I can Picture it on a Kaiser with Miricle Whip and L & T and some thin sliced onions, Damn I'm drooling now... Great Job...

Back