• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Pitmasters: Season 3 - Auditions

I would watch it if they could bring back the different competitions from the first season, and mix in a little drama for good effect. If it is another Top Chef or Iron Chef clone...I'm not going to bother.

We all know Drama sells, my bet is on season 2 format.

I still liked the first season format. I know the published said the second season format would be more accessible to a wider audience, but all of the non-BBQ people I talked to preferred the first season format as well. Season 2 was trying to be Top Chef, but I think "Best in Smoke" did a better job of being Top Chef for BBQ. The first season was more like other reality show formats, giving you a glimpse inside a world the general public doesn't know (Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars). I hope they bring it back...

Season 3 format

I have heard from a person involved in the production that they will be traveling around to different competitions again. Who knows if that is the whole story though, I would not be surprised to see some other type of twist involved. But it did sound like they are at least moving back toward the Season 1 format.

:thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2:

Season 1, season 2, i dont give a chit, I think it's cool to watch my friends and people I know compete on TV.It must be working for someone, they are doing it again.

All I know is a few years ago when I said I'm a competition BBQ cook most people had no clue what that meant. Now more often then not I get either "I saw that on TV!" or " am I going to see you on TV?".

Good luck to everyone that submitting a video! Represent!!!!

Gosh its bbq on tv....I remember in my main business when guitar hero hit and all the purists screamed nearly as bad as some of you... I asked them if they would have preferred it to be called Tractor Hero? I got in the game and my sales went nuts...it grew guitarists...the second game on my competition that shunned it tried to get in....
We need about four shows on the thousands of channels out there. COmpetition will make them better. Also remember what we all would find fascinating is like watching paint dry to the people buying toilet paper....just my .02

The idea is that the more exposure we get the better chance of growing.

Sadly we'll still have to listen to Sapp's ramblings... Maybe he'll be the one passing out the wet-naps at the end of Judging.

Season 1 was a documentary, and Season 2 was a game show.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that you could separate the Brethren membership into groups of 10, poll them, and the membership would consistantly choose Season 1 over Season 2 at an 8 to 2 rate (8 like Season 1: 2 like Season 2) all day long.

But if you polled non-barbeque folk, that number would flip in the other direction.

Unless it's your hobby or you have a special interest, few want to see a documentary more than once... even one that changes slightly.

I agree with the guy who is in the "I'll take what I can get" category. Some shows, even of a Season 2 type, are better than none.

FWIW the non-bbq types I've introduced to it loved season 1 way more. But I suspect the ratings don't show that..

I agree with the guy who is in the "I'll take what I can get" category. Some shows, even of a Season 2 type, are better than none.

I couldn't even stand watching the commercials for season two, so I would never watch it if it was the same as season two.

funny, i go the other way. we're way too new at competitions to be on tv, but i got started with "gourmet backyard" so season 2 style would work much better for us :)

If it was like season 1, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.. But I can only cook BBQ and not much else, no fancy mac-n-cheese, etc.. :puke:

Check with the Randy I think he has a mac-n-cheese reciepe he used on tv that will work!:doh: Just couldn't resist!:tape:

Roy

I really liked season 1 a lot but I also enjoyed season II. But then again, I like Top Chef, Iron Chef and other competition cooking shows. About the only part I didn't care for in season II was the elimination based on non-traditional BBQ. I'd rather it be for extra money and not to send someone home.

I'm not trying to equate the show to competition BBQ but I enjoyed it for what it was. I also would have preferred blind judging as I think it left open the option of biases and friendships influencing the outcome.

Shooting begins in March and schedule runs through April...

Sounds like a Season 2 type format to me. I'd speculate some of the "TV Competition" is during a real competition, but still, only shooting for 2 months...

Pretty "last minute" as well with audition tapes due Feb 9 and shooting starting March...

Cool, can't wait to see it, whatever format they use. i might even send in a dvd. if i use the knuckleheads that work for me in it, who knows. i wish i had some footage of my nephew sticking his hand in the buffalo chopper and pulling out a bloody stump.

I'll watch it. Ill watch it because its a BBQ show and i might know some people. I did not like Season 2 but I watched because IT'S A BBQ SHOW AND I KNEW SOME PEOPLE.

Back