Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hog Happnin', Shelby, NC - Oct. 31 - Nov. 1, 2008

U2CANQUE

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am heading down to Shelby, NC for Hog Happnin.....since I am not ready to put the smokers away just yet. Is there anyone from down around the NC area who is heading into the contest? It would be great to meet some Brethren from NC since I dont get a chance to get out of the tri-state area too often.

Ok, just re-checking in, anyone else heading down to this event?....or, live in the area?....would love to meet some of our "southern" brethren........Will be there by Friday at noon for the cooks luncheon....

Lets think about that for 1/1000th of a second...nah, not even letting that one enter the ol head.....tough arse field......but, looking forward to it none-the-less....glad to see that you got home all fine and dandy.....

The Pickin' Porkers will be there and arriving Thursday afternoon. We'll be cooking some real, old fashioned Southern Chicken Stew and serving right after anything butt judging so drop back and have a bowl or two......

Roger & Marsha

we will be over to see you.....bringing around trick or treater.......will be good to meet you.....

Canque I was thinking of showing up just to meet some of the people from around the area, not cooking in this one.
Not a lot of people from this area that are active on this forum. I have found from talking to people at comps around NC and Sc they don't do a lot online. They tend to just meet up at the comps. the SC BBQ association has contests almost every weekend if its not too hot out.
If I make it there I will look you up, all depends whats going on, my teammate for comps wife was in acident so not sure what is going on with them. But I will try to make it there, just to talk to some of the teams.

Sure thing, look us up, big red truck, and white harley davidson trailer, no banner or anything for this one, but, there under Huhney Pa's Piglet (girlfriends sons team name).....hope to see ya there....

See Jim, I can play well in the sandbox with the other kids.....and besides, someone has to get some of these "southern" teams to head up to Kettering this next year.....not that you don't make your rounds.......**rounds being the key word**

Getting ready to hit the road, not too long of a journey, about 8 hours or so....looking forward to meeting a lot of the folks down in Shelby. It looks like it is a great field, so anything above getting everything turned in on time is a bonus....hope to represent Ohio, oh yeah, and Brethren well.....
See you all on the flip side of turn ins, will have lots of pictures....supposed to be a gorgeous weekend....considering leaving Ohio in sleet, cold....rainy....and snowbelt snow.....ahh, the joys of Midwest life.....

Best of luck to you Rob!

You plan on entering the lawn mower race as well. The videos on You tube looked like a lot of fun.

isnt taking "other" cultures supposed to be the fun of traveling....why, if I had a John Deer extreme....or, heck, what is the one that they did on Orange County Choppers.....fast fast mowers....at a minimum it will be interesting to watch....supposed to be a gorgeous weekend......

See Jim, I can play well in the sandbox with the other kids.....and besides, someone has to get some of these "southern" teams to head up to Kettering this next year.....not that you don't make your rounds.......**rounds being the key word**

Rob, I never thought you couldn't play well with others, it's just what you're covering up and leaving behind in that sandbox that concerns me.

'Rounds'....okay, I got it.

I will be there. Although I will be helping out Charlie and Jo with Screamin Nite Hog. They have pulled GC the last two times out.... I am hoping not to put the hex on them now.... so go easy on me.

See ya there.....

Bill

Rob,

I hope the early morning wake up coffee Saturday didn't make you too sick... :biggrin: :rolleyes: :wink: Congrats on the calls as well....

It was a bad weekend for us... Everything was done just like it was for the last two comps, which got GC's, and we didn't even get a smell. Kinda rough to swallow that one. Shelby has always been a rough one.

We finally broke down and got a new digital camera so I am working on my pics, and getting them ready to put on here somewhere to bore everyone with. I got them off the camera, and uploaded to a server, now to get them into some kind of format for maybe a slide show. I will need to rearrange them some to keep them in somewhat of an order instead of kind of jumbled up.

Bill

Roger & Marsha, AKA, Pickin Porkers, Congrats on a great showing....and thanks so much for some of your chicken stew....it really hit the spot!! You know, had to do something to keep the shorts on...and the stew helped out.....

Also, thanks much for the coffee....you made a mean cup of Joe.....and the kick was one hellova bonus......I was shocked to see where SNH was in the final standings......but, all we can do is pack up, and get ready for the next one.....

You are definately welcome and welcome back to the fine state of NC! I was wondering fo your walks were a result of your Ohio trainig or NC training in BBQ, but, in either event, congrats on your walks. It is a tough thing to do to some into a new areana and make good food!

Nothing like good chickien stew...regardless of who make it and it was perfect for such a cold evening....at least cold to us!

Stay in touch! Send me an email at rwise10230@aol.com so I can send you our phone #'s!

Roger & Marsha

Back