Pig Shots for all...with love!

I made these last night, just to test them out. I think my sausage was too big ( :tongue: ), but other than that, they were delicious. We make a beer cheese dip, which we used for the filling. Had some tipping issues with them, but sure tasted good. :becky:

I madea batch of these and stuffed jalepeno's. These were much easier to make and they were better recieved. Yours look way better than mine. Gonna have to step my game upp. Thanks for sharing!

.......Yours look way better than mine......

Yea, no kidding!
I've never made them, but intend to (as soon as possible).
But based on the crappy looking bacon I've been getting as of late, I doubt mine will look nearly as perectly epic as these.

Try making pig candy before the wrapping. I dredge mine in brown/turbinado/cayenne mix before wrapping and stuffing, going to mix in some hot peppers this weekend and try out some more goodness. Can't miss with these babies.

I made up some of these a few weeks back for a big get together...they were simply glorious! Everyone at my party was talking about them.

Couple pics...

null-13.jpg

null-1-5.jpg

They look amazing!

Probably a daft question, but is the sausage you used the ready to eat kind or the uncooked?

Nice shots Westy! They are a real party favor aren't they? :thumb:

5 deserved pages long Jason:clap:

Thanks buccs! As far as I know, this is the first thread I've ever started that's gotten past page 2. I just feel bad for whoever actually invented these beauties. :grin:

They look amazing!

Probably a daft question, but is the sausage you used the ready to eat kind or the uncooked?

Yep, precooked, I used Hillshire Farms, the package says heat thoroughly just to be safe.

Gonna get BUSY with these tomorrow! Supposed to be a rainy day, but it'll be sunny around my pit! I got regular polish sausage, and some hot spicy sausage, which I thought would offset the sweet of the brown sugar quite nicely!
I'll post some pron!

Here are my pron from today's cook... Along with some things I learned...
IMG_9289_zps289f4e57.jpg

IMG_9288_zps4a77a0de.jpg

Lesson #1 use thick cut bacon.
#2 if using cheddar use FINELY shredded cheddar
#3 the HOT sausage was good, but only for people that like HOT links! LOL Made for a funny game of "russian roulette" for dinner tonight! Some spicy, some not!

All in all a GREAT recipe, and will do again!

Last edited:
Bibbed up! I so have to try these - I think my wife is going to kill me. Since joining this forum my list of things to make and try is growing. GOOD EATS!

Back