Looking for Pitmaster for New Restaurant

DrewCi

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Lockhart's BBQ, in downtown Royal Oak, MI, is looking to hire a full-time Pitmaster for our BBQ restaurant. We are currently in construction (just beginning) and anticipate being open in late May or early June. The position will start approximately 2-3 weeks before we open. We prefer applicants with prior restaurant experience but it is not required. We are looking to find the right person that has as much enthusiasm for BBQ as we do. If you are interested, please feel free to email to visit our website at www.lockhartsbbq.com and email us your resume. A formal job description is available upon request.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

Drew C.
Lockhart's BBQ

Looks to be a lot of fun and a lot of work. Good luck and much success on your new endeavor!

Well...I canoot be your pitmaster but I will certainly try your restaurant whenever you open....best of luck and success to you

makes me wish I was closer, and not in school... I have plenty experience in resturants and dang to I love BBQ... gotta finish school first tho I guess :(

It would be intersting to know what you will be using for pits, and if your prospective pitmaster has experience on that type. Also, if you are building instead of buying, a well-experience pitmaster might be invaluable in getting them right.

MG,

The restaurant has been designed for months and the pit has been customized and ordered. We are going with an Oyler Pit from J&R Manufacturing out of Mesquite, TX. We are also using one of their Woodshow Broilers to hold the meat at temperature before carving and serving. Spent quite some time looking at what would be right for us and decided on the Oyler. I have some experience BBQ'ing and smoking myself but realize that I won't have time to dedicate to running the pit (no matter how much I would like to!). I also have 2 brewpubs that I own and will be busy working with all three places.

Need a private label sauce or rub to sell to the public? I do private labeling for restaurants. Just a thought. PM me if you are interested.

Spice

Need a private label sauce or rub to sell to the public? I do private labeling for restaurants. Just a thought. PM me if you are interested.

Spice

Hijack alert
Whats that cost Jay?
A lil Blue Collar with "When Pigs Fly South" sounds good

Good luck! Not to hijack your thread, but we are seeking the same for our second location right outside of Dallas.

BTW, we also use J&R Manufacturing smokers, they are great!

Best of luck with your venture!

Since the only BBQ place in RO is a joke right now, I have high hopes for your place.

We have to drive to 7 and Evergreen for good Q now, unless of course if we make it at home. :)

Drew,
Good luck man. I live a couple of blocks away from Lockhart's I can't wait to try it. If you ever need anything please let me know I'd love to help out.
Deni

Back