Contest Results Blues, Views & BBQ - 9/21 Westport, CT (KCBS) Qualifier

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Contest Info and Application available now
http://www.bluesviewsbbq.com/competition.html

From pigtrip.net:

Connecticut BBQ: Blues, Views and BBQ Festival Brewing in Westport CT

The town approvals have just been wrapped up for an exciting first year event called Blues, Views & BBQ, to be held September 20-21 on the banks of the Saugatuck River in Westport CT. The Westport Downtown Merchants Association, led by Bob LeRose of Westport's Bobby Q's barbecue restaurant, is putting on a two-day event that promises something for everyone and is an absolute must for the barbecue fan, judge or competitor.​
Competitions include a backyard contest (chicken, ribs, chef's choice) Saturday afternoon, an Iron Chef contest Saturday night and the traditional KCBS barbecue contest Sunday afternoon, along with a sauce contest. The total prize money for these contests is $10,000.​
There will be beer sampling from a host of microbreweries, sauces and other specialty food vendors, family activities, street performers and live music both days. Barbecue will be available from Pennsylvania's Smoken' Dudes, Westport's own Bobby Q's (who'll be cooking with some surprise guests from Kansas City) and additional vendors. Westport restaurants will also be offering grilled fare. If you're just getting into barbecue, the cooking demos and barbecue education will be right up your alley.​
For more information as the details come into focus, check the event website: www.bluesviewsbbq.com.​

What's the weather like in CT that time of year? Assuming the leaves will be in color.

It was either this or go to the royal. Since its only 61 miles from house it was a no brainer

days before my birthday, maybe some luck there - just might have to go!!

???? How you pulling that off?

It was great meeting you at Harpoon. Best of luck on wedding day and beyond. Enjoy the honeymoon in the sun!

Thanks again for the loan on the battery pack.

No problem on the battery pack, glad it got that car started. I bought it to be able to run my stoker during power outages... I've never used it to jump my car, but use it at LEAST once a contast to jump someone else... knock on wood.

The Royal is the first week in OCT... (The Jack and Sayville are a conflict I'm not good/lucky enough to have.)

Sent in the form and payment a few weeks ago... Don is flying back from Colorado to help cook our annual BBQ Contest ....

This is my home ground!!!

Primal Meat Smokers will have a great time and will do our best! Really looking forward to this event!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

No problem on the battery pack, glad it got that car started. I bought it to be able to run my stoker during power outages... I've never used it to jump my car, but use it at LEAST once a contast to jump someone else... knock on wood.

The Royal is the first week in OCT... (The Jack and Sayville are a conflict I'm not good/lucky enough to have.)

That pack was pretty cool. Where did you get it?

Yeah, I wish we had that schedule conflict as well. :lol:

I believe we are going to CT and possibly Sayville in some form or another. Gotta be honest though, I-95 scares the hell out of me with a trailer in tow. Sayville, you have to go through the City to get to the Island. That can't be fun either.

You know, out here in the sticks, we envy you guys and all the choices you have for contests in relatively close proximity. What we don't envy are the thoroughfares....

On the way back from Harpoon, we encountered an hour and a half delay just West of Albany. 40 foot RV burned to the ground on the side of I 90. Nothing left but the frame, rims, and engine.... Hope no one was hurt.

I believe we are going to CT and possibly Sayville in some form or another. Gotta be honest though, I-95 scares the hell out of me with a trailer in tow. Sayville, you have to go through the City to get to the Island. That can't be fun either.

Take the Thruway to the Newburgh exit (18, I think) then get on I-84 East toward Danbury. Connect with I-684 in Brewster and take that south to I-287 east. Stay on that until it connects to I-95 in Rye, then take 95 south to the Throgs Neck Bridge. After the bridge, take the Clearview Expy. to the LIE (I-495) east. Follow that to exit 59. Head south on Ocean Ave. and when you run out of road, you're in Sayville about a block from the park. That takes you around the city, and you're on I-95 for only 12 miles or so.

Or, you could take I-84 to Danbury and take Route-7 right down into Norwalk, one town over from Westport....

If you've signed up for this or are considering this event you should note that the grilling event is different than we usually see. The Saturday grilling event is for non-KCBS event participants. Essentially your participation in Sunday's event excludes you from the Saturday event. The intent is to let local 'amatuers' try their hand at competition grilling and be judged by the 'pro's', the KCBS participants. It's a pretty cool idea.

In addition to judging the locals, you'll also be able to compete in the Iron Chef competition later that day.

I spoke with Bob, the organizer today and the event will also include some impressive music and possibly some micro-brew beer vendors.

This is really looking like a good event.

I sent my app in today. I have a feeling now that Lowell, MA is no longer a contest, Westport might fill up quick!

Back