Has This Ever Happend To You??

tonto1117

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
At last weekends comp we happen to be setup about 6-7 ft away from one of the ash cans for everybody....cut to turn in time, taking the ribs off the cooker and somone comes along and dumps thier ashes...wind is blowin pretty good right in our direction...and WOOSH........I'm talking major ash cloud all over us and of course the ribs :twisted::twisted::twisted: Don't think the guy did it on purpose but come on, some common sense should come in to play here!!! Anyway....lesson learned.

The inside of my garage/kitchen area is still covered from Harpoon last year when a guy decided to dump it with a strong wind blowing. Then when the guy didn't do it enough the first time, he came back and did it again. I was going to go and dump the entire ash bin in his trailer, but cooler heads prevailed... The worst part is I am a pellet head and asked for the bin to be moved and was told it had to remain there... The Anchormen got covered by it as well...

It hasn't happened yet, but it's been close for us. I always bring my own 10 gallon galvzd ash can and then empty it after we tear down the site. No chance for getting ash on our/others food.

Yes, at Limerock,CT last year!

Guess what, they did't even say a thing...like "sorry about that!"

We were in disbelief..

We walked 3 times ... despite the dust cloud!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Dude that sucks big time. I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. I would come unglued. We don't have ash cans at our comps.

Was at a contest last year that that happened... although it was after turn ins. Guy went back to his site, returned a few minutes later to dump his grease in the same bucket...

Was at a contest last year that that happened... although it was after turn ins. Guy went back to his site, returned a few minutes later to dump his grease in the same bucket...
I said i was sorry but you just cant let it go Pfft

I have had my stuff covered through out the night but not while turn ins. I was cleaning up at a comp and a near by team was having a birthday party , prior to cleaning out my fireboxes I went over and let them know. they were happy that I didnt blow ashes all over there nice cake.

We are considerate! We take a 5-7 gallon covered can, put our ash in it, and empty at the END of the contest!

Yep, I've seen it happen........

I didn't have ashes last weekend BUT I did have a few teams dump their coolers on the concrete, that goes downhill, into my site instead of being polite and dump them behind their sites-in the grass-sometimes people have no common sense!

I've done it to myself by accident in the back yard and that was about enough to piss me off...I couldn't imagine having it happen in a competition!!

Back