One score away from a perfect week...

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I started off the week on Tuesday by scoring a 1986 Redhead (I believe it is a mastertouch with no ash catcher) for $10. Then I followed it up by scoring a 18.5 wsm yesterday for $30. Of course there is also a but.......but I missed out on scoring a Large Green Egg for FREE from a lady at work. To add insult to injury the guy that got it had it sitting in the bed of his truck when I left work today.

Too bad about the BGE, but you did just fine with the kettle and WSM.

Is the kettle a One Touch? That preceded the MT and AFAIK only differed in that it did not have the ash bucket.

It could be a One Touch Plus. I'm not exactly sure what years had what. Either way its getting a ash bucket put on it.

Edit: Did one touch plus models have the lid holder? I thought they didn't which led me to think it was a mastertouch without ash bucket.

So I started off the week on Tuesday by scoring a 1986 Redhead (I believe it is a mastertouch with no ash catcher) for $10. Then I followed it up by scoring a 18.5 wsm yesterday for $30. Of course there is also a but.......but I missed out on scoring a Large Green Egg for FREE from a lady at work. To add insult to injury the guy that got it had it sitting in the bed of his truck when I left work today.

Wow- VERY impressive week, despite the BGE.

But that's gonna hurt for a long while.

It could be a One Touch Plus. I'm not exactly sure what years had what. Either way its getting a ash bucket put on it.

Edit: Did one touch plus models have the lid holder? I thought they didn't which led me to think it was a mastertouch without ash bucket.

The MT had the lid holder.

How much of the ash catcher is missing? The new OTG buckets fit the MT holder, but the OTG holders do not mount on an MT without significant modifications, and Weber doesn't make the MT ash bucket holders anymore.

CD

Could of still had it for free. :tsk:

That just makes me laugh out loud to visualize the swap from truck to truck...I gotta say that I'm beating myself up still for missing out on a less than 1 yr old performer platinum with asking price of $100 :Cry:

Not to rub it in but a fella asking $800 Lrg green egg with custom stand and eggsories just sold for $700... he wouldnt budge on price even though I told him about the demo units coming up @ eggfest for $750

yeah it'll burn for a while...

That's the one I was thinking of. OTP. I just looked up one on another site and it had a lid bail and a date code of 'M' on the lid vent cover. It also had the thermometer in the lid handle. And it was red without the fade on the lid. I have a red Master Touch that does have the fade. (EE date code => 1999.)

Back