Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Sam's Club, Medford, Long Island

White Dog BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Who's in for this one?

Question for the Long Island teams -- I am driving in from Pennsylvania. What's the best way to get to Long Island mid-late morning? I've traditionally taken the Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island, then taken the Verazano to the Island, but if there is a better way, please let me know. Thanks!

Eastern Beast is in! This will be our first comp, and we're certainly looking forward to meeting some of you guys in person. Gonna try and make the rounds, but please don't hesitate to stop by and say hi.

White Dog: I'd probably take that same route (anything to avoid the Cross Bronx Expressway after the GWB).. Most morning traffic will be moving toward the city, and once you're on the Island, you'll be moving the opposite way, so you should be okay.

The motorhome and trailer (all 48 feet) are booked on the New London Ferry so I guess The Basic BBQ Team is all in on this one!!! We are just parking lot camping Thursday night as e just dont want to deal with Friday traffic.

Looking forward to this one! Last weekend I was only around on Sunday and wasn't much use to my team as I had my block party on Saturday:wacko:. I have to remember I'm not in my twenties anymore. We'll see you all there and be sure to stop by the "Grim Reaper Smokers" and say hi.

Who's in for this one?

Question for the Long Island teams -- I am driving in from Pennsylvania. What's the best way to get to Long Island mid-late morning? I've traditionally taken the Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island, then taken the Verazano to the Island, but if there is a better way, please let me know. Thanks!

That should work, BUT . . .

KNOW THIS. Once on Long Island, if you have a trailer or RV know that you CAN NOT travel on any parkway, because 1) you will be ticketed, and 2) you'll likely hit an overpass.

Looking forward to this one! Last weekend I was only around on Sunday and wasn't much use to my team as I had my block party on Saturday:wacko:. I have to remember I'm not in my twenties anymore. We'll see you all there and be sure to stop by the "Grim Reaper Smokers" and say hi.

You and your giant calf were missed this past weekend.

That should work, BUT . . .

KNOW THIS. Once on Long Island, if you have a trailer or RV know that you CAN NOT travel on any parkway, because 1) you will be ticketed, and 2) you'll likely hit an overpass.

Good point. I am assuming a loaded F-150 without a trailer is acceptable on the parkways?

Avoid the cross bronx spent 6 hours in the truck yesterday coming home.. anyone have a better route from pa towing a trailer... ?

yes i had to bring it home the charger/converter has taken a dump so im scrambling to get something working and now the truck is throwing the mass airflow light yea!!

anyway hoping to get up there late moring early afternoon....

Back