Has anyone ever used this power pack for a competition?

I got 3 seasons out of that jump starter using it on my guru. I think it is a good unit for that task.

On my 3rd or 4th season, but the last 2 I haven't used it much, some trouble with 1 of the cigarette plugs but the other works fine, and the inverter works as well.

just used for a single guru and a electric knife sometimes.

How many hours are you getting and is there anything leftover for a light ?

How many hours are you getting and is there anything leftover for a light ?

You won't be able to run a light for very long off it. You will get less than 3 hours for a 60W light bulb and that's with nothing else running off it.

I know the guru runs on and off but how much power are you guys seeing leftover if you just run the guru?

We've had one and it works great. Not sure how long it lasts running lights but has powered a Guru for hours and still had plenty of juice left. Try and wait for one of their 25% off sales (just had one, unfortunately) and you can get it for a real good price.

Never had a problem with ours. Have been using it for going on 4 years now. Have used it on back to back cooks without charging.

Is there a Harbor Freight near you so you can return it easily if it craps out in the first use?

My first one was DOA out of the box. The second worked for one event then wouldn't hold a charge. My last one lasted 3 seasons before it quit holding a charge. It would power 2 Digi-Q's with 25cfm fans for about 10 hours as long as you used the 12 volt adapters and not the inverter. The inverter on this unit drains the battery quickly.

Note: This unit will not power a CPAP. It overloads the inverter.

Mine was crap out of the boks as well. I bought it hoping I could run 2 strings of rope lights and my ipod dock, but even just running the ipod dock, it lasts for about 20 minutes.

I have tried to jump start a car with it fully charged, no luck with that either.

Back