New Masterbuilt Gravit Feed

I saw a couple of people somewhere else that said the meat from the 560 was not as tender as they liked. I don't see why that would be the fault of the cooker. Anyone here feel the same way?
I agree. It's the cook. Could be they need to adjust something in the cook process but that's still not the cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I saw a couple of people somewhere else that said the meat from the 560 was not as tender as they liked. I don't see why that would be the fault of the cooker. Anyone here feel the same way?

It's the cook/cooking procedure. I've had the 560 since the first week of January. I've taken to reverse searing the steaks I've been doing with great success and tenderness. I did a 4 bone prime rib roast a couple of weeks ago, going low and slow till it hit 130, then cranking it up to 600 and searing off the roast. It was one of the tenderest prime ribs we've done; oven, grill, rotisserie. There was MAYBE a tablespoon of drippings in my catch pan, with all the juices staying inside the meat. Ribs, fish, sausage, steaks, chicken, all cooked on it and excellent results for each one

Heavily, HEAVILY considering the 560. I've joined the FB page and it seems like a pretty good place to get any info you need on it. Some of what is shared seems to be issues and concerns, but it's a $500 unit, with more bells and whistles on it than anything in that price range, so that's kinda to be expected.

Hopefully I'll have one soon and can get on it. My old stick burner finally bit a little too much dust to hold temp right, so that has put me in the market.

Heavily, HEAVILY considering the 560. I've joined the FB page and it seems like a pretty good place to get any info you need on it. Some of what is shared seems to be issues and concerns, but it's a $500 unit, with more bells and whistles on it than anything in that price range, so that's kinda to be expected.

Hopefully I'll have one soon and can get on it. My old stick burner finally bit a little too much dust to hold temp right, so that has put me in the market.

Most of the issues and concerns don't have anything to do with the actual cooking and results of the cook. You won't be sorry

I ran Lavalock around the cooking chamber lid last week

Appreciate your responses. I'm guessing you're the "Rex" on the facebook page?

Either way, noticed your location says West Columbia, so instead of buying the 560 I'm just gunna head up hwy35 and eat your stuff ha.

Appreciate your responses. I'm guessing you're the "Rex" on the facebook page?

Either way, noticed your location says West Columbia, so instead of buying the 560 I'm just gunna head up hwy35 and eat your stuff ha.

Yes, that's me. I'll post pics of the salmon I'm grilling tonight

Was set on a Red Box smoker. I saw a pallet of the MB560 in Wal-Mart. After 3 days of research I now am undecided. They both have features I love. This is gonna be a difficult decision.

Was set on a Red Box smoker. I saw a pallet of the MB560 in Wal-Mart. After 3 days of research I now am undecided. They both have features I love. This is gonna be a difficult decision.

Red Box Smoker Blows - its the size of a Microwave, not even a Large microwave..........I laugh at PjTexas's every time I see it........ :pound:
I'd get a Ok Joe Bronco instead.......

I don't even know what a Red Box smoker is, but I can tell you first hand that the 560 GF is a game changer. Grill? Yes. Smoke? Yes. Slow/low cooking, yes, down to 150 deg. Searing? Yes, up to 700 deg. Input for 4 probes. No hotspots. Room for a 22lb brisket? Yes

And I have no dog in the hunt except a happy owner of the 560

Does anyone know when the larger model is due to come out? Last I heard it was sometime this year but nothing definitive. If I recall, it will be almost double the capacity and somewhere around $799.

I'll be watching this product closely. My Camp Chef pellet grill has been a source of continuing frustration for me (when it works its amazing, when the fire goes out unexpectedly in the middle of a cook with company coming over, its hellish).

Had been thinking for awhile someone should try to bastardize a pellet grill and a charcoal grill and now here we are. Seems like an amazing concept.

I'll be watching this product closely. My Camp Chef pellet grill has been a source of continuing frustration for me (when it works its amazing, when the fire goes out unexpectedly in the middle of a cook with company coming over, its hellish).

Had been thinking for awhile someone should try to bastardize a pellet grill and a charcoal grill and now here we are. Seems like an amazing concept.

Funny you post/thought that... I’ve felt the same way and have managed to create a pellet/charcoal grill Cyborg of my own... Originally, I owned a PB Austin XL... Long story short, I had the topical entry level pellet grill short comings... ie. Reliability, temp swings and the lack of true hardwood smoke flavor. I added a Pellet Pro PID Controller to my Austin XL to eliminate the sometimes wild temp swings and added the SmokeDaddy Magnum P.IG. Cold Smoke Canister to my grill to now be able to enjoy true hardwood smoke flavor again while using a pellet grill and I can’t be happier. I was locked away in my garage creating my Cyborg pellet, offset cold smoker and when I finally emerged and saw day light again... lol. I looked and saw that there was a new smoker that was getting a lot of attention online... No, not the Weber Smoke/Misfire, but the MB 560 GF. I had to go and see one in person at the local Wally World. Looked pretty nice and I can see why there is such and attraction for it. Heck, if I hadn’t already went the pellet grill route, I probably would’ve gotten myself a MB 560 GF as well. But I did go the pellet grill route and with the mods I’ve done to my Austin XL, I’m completely satisfied. I have Set it and Forget it, Charcoal/hardwood smoke plus a touch of pellet smoke and no more crazy temp swings or flame outs. Having said all that, you can hang in there with your Camp Chef and modify it... It’s what makes the bbq hobby so much and interesting or you can take the Gravity Feed plunge with the MB 560 GF. Either way, I’m sure you’ll be happy. Good luck.

Funny you post/thought that... I’ve felt the same way and have managed to create a pellet/charcoal grill Cyborg of my own... Originally, I owned a PB Austin XL... Long story short, I had the topical entry level pellet grill short comings... ie. Reliability, temp swings and the lack of true hardwood smoke flavor. I added a Pellet Pro PID Controller to my Austin XL to eliminate the sometimes wild temp swings and added the SmokeDaddy Magnum P.IG. Cold Smoke Canister to my grill to now be able to enjoy true hardwood smoke flavor again while using a pellet grill and I can’t be happier. I was locked away in my garage creating my Cyborg pellet, offset cold smoker and when I finally emerged and saw day light again... lol. I looked and saw that there was a new smoker that was getting a lot of attention online... No, not the Weber Smoke/Misfire, but the MB 560 GF. I had to go and see one in person at the local Wally World. Looked pretty nice and I can see why there is such and attraction for it. Heck, if I hadn’t already went the pellet grill route, I probably would’ve gotten myself a MB 560 GF as well. But I did go the pellet grill route and with the mods I’ve done to my Austin XL, I’m completely satisfied. I have Set it and Forget it, Charcoal/hardwood smoke plus a touch of pellet smoke and no more crazy temp swings or flame outs. Having said all that, you can hang in there with your Camp Chef and modify it... It’s what makes the bbq hobby so much and interesting or you can take the Gravity Feed plunge with the MB 560 GF. Either way, I’m sure you’ll be happy. Good luck.

I'm a bit mad at myself because I hadn't even heard of this product until I saw it in Wal-Mart a couple days ago. I had just this past Christmas bought myself a digiQ for my kettle/Slow N Sear configuration. Figured I'd go back to charcoal via that route since the pellets had been a source of frustration. If I'd have seen this MB 560 first I would have just saved up the extra money and gone that way instead.

I'm a bit mad at myself because I hadn't even heard of this product until I saw it in Wal-Mart a couple days ago. I had just this past Christmas bought myself a digiQ for my kettle/Slow N Sear configuration. Figured I'd go back to charcoal via that route since the pellets had been a source of frustration. If I'd have seen this MB 560 first I would have just saved up the extra money and gone that way instead.

I know every bbq device and equipment has its pros and cons... There’s still possibly some good service life in your Camp Chef pellet grill, if you’re willing to do some upgrades to it. I like the fact that I can Set and Forget my Pellet Pro Austin XL and also enjoy Charcoal/Hardwood smoke from it with the SD Magnum P.I.G. upgrade. Every upgrade/investment comes at a price $$ though. That MB 560 GF sales for about $499.00 which is a pretty good price. I hear in a few months, Masterbuilt is coming out with a larger model as well. The more you see it and read about it, the greater the chances that you’ll eventually get one. Also, how is that DigiQ working out for you on your kettle/Slow N Sear configuration?

Back