CBJs Needed In Kansas City This Weekend

From a KCBS tweet:

CBJ's needed in Lenexa this Saturday. Due to a handful of last minute cancellations, we need a few more judges... http://t.co/y7JPw03s

What does it say about KCBS that in their backyard they are asking for judges for a Sam's club event less than 48 hours from when Judges need to be in the tent.

There has to be 2000 judges within a 100miles of that contest. They can't get 30 to commit?

It does not say anything about KCBS other than they have to make adjustments as the circumstances of the judges pool change. My wife and I had to back out of judging this contest. She has developed a SMV thrombosis and a Portal Vein Thrombosis. She is lucky to be alive but on heavy does of pain killers and can only eat about 3 bites before she has to stop. Did not seem like a good combination to judge. I feel bad about having to bail on them but the KCBS is not to blame here. keith

That's pretty jacked up. You'd think they'd have a waiting list.

Hope your wife gets better, Keith.

What does it say about KCBS that in their backyard they are asking for judges for a Sam's club event less than 48 hours from when Judges need to be in the tent.

There has to be 2000 judges within a 100miles of that contest. They can't get 30 to commit?

Damn Dawg. I was just throwing it out there. Didn't mean to start a debate. I posted this as an opportunity for someone to judge a contest this weekend. Nothing more and nothing less.

FWIW: I am judging this contest and did not receive any confirmation or correspondence until Tuesday of this week. I submitted my application in January.

Damn Dawg. I was just throwing it out there. Didn't mean to start a debate. I posted this as an opportunity for someone to judge a contest this weekend. Nothing more and nothing less.

FWIW: I am judging this contest and did not receive any confirmation or correspondence until Tuesday of this week. I submitted my application in January.

Isn't Sam's also paying KCBS folks to organize and rep this contest? You would think that in KCBS's backyard with them getting paid to organize and rep they wouldn't be looking for warm bodies 2 days out.

Sam's isn't the only comp in town his weekend. Another 50-75 team comp less than 10 miles away and 2 more within a few hours. I'd guess the ones on the waiting list headed down the road 10 miles.

I feel they're just getting the word out that a few holes have opened. As someone competing in this event I'm not concerned, they'll be full with CBJs.

Sam's isn't the only comp in town his weekend. Another 50-75 team comp less than 10 miles away and 2 more within a few hours. I'd guess the ones on the waiting list headed down the road 10 miles.

I feel they're just getting the word out that a few holes have opened. As someone competing in this event I'm not concerned, they'll be full with CBJs.

Great attitude and perspective Bobby.:thumb:

Why does everybody want to get bent on judges?????
Please keep in mind that they often apply to judge events months in advance and often dont get notification that they have been accepted until two weeks before the event. Some time we make other plans because we have not been contacted.
Also at some events they recieve last minute entries that cause the organizers to scramble for judges.

Last edited:
Back