Paradise Meat Locker Wagyu

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Can anyone give an opinion on them as far as a source to get Wagyu from (shipped)?

I ordered two about a year and a half ago for backyard use (I don't compete) and they were very good. About 14-15 lbs each with nice, thick flats. I cooked them at about 250-265 with pecan, foiled at an internal temp of 160 and cooked to probe tender, about 8-9 hours if I recall correctly. No injection, just SGH. Very nice, beefy flavor. The brisky's were delivered in good shape and on time. I tried to order a couple of other times but they were out. If I wanted to pony up for Waygu again I would not hesitate to order from Paradise based on my experience. I would be interested to hear what recent experiences have been.

he has some now but small ones, and said he could get more to get the larger size I was asking for. I should say this place is in Trimble, Mo. Good price on meat and shipping too.

Thanks,

I have tried several times to get responses about their Waygu, but sometimes it has taken two weeks for responses. I am not to excited about trying to use the Waygu and develop cooking technique for something i can't even get a simple answer back on. On top of that, their answer was that they were currently out and it would be a few weeks before they had any more. Not the kind of supply chain I want to rely on! For backyard chefs it would probably not be to much of a deal. Me wanting 3 briskets every weekend....could really become a frustrating dilema. I will stick with prime. I am still curious about the Waygu, just not so much for comps until I could find a more reliable supplier!

They are all stand up guys and girls out there at Paradise Locker. I make my way out there probably twice a month during the summer. I know my math is not very good, but pretty sure they knock the h#ll outta the price of Wagyu from most places. Thats just my opinion. Won't ever stop gettin my meats from Nick. Ya, they run out of stock, but just purchase a few and age them! Love the family owned atmosphere.

They are all stand up guys and girls out there at Paradise Locker. I make my way out there probably twice a month during the summer. I know my math is not very good, but pretty sure they knock the h#ll outta the price of Wagyu from most places. Thats just my opinion. Won't ever stop gettin my meats from Nick. Ya, they run out of stock, but just purchase a few and age them! Love the family owned atmosphere.

I've been meaning to get up there for years. I need to.

I've been meaning to get up there for years. I need to.
Ya man, you should. They are great people. I know it isnt sayin much, but my first time out in a local comp with their meat, 19th overall, 10th ribs, 17th pork, and 22nd in brisket out of 63, and i messed most of them up bc i was so nervous. lol. You, on the other hand are awesome, so just think what you could do with it? :becky:

I've never gotten a wagyu from them. Might give it a shot next year. Fortunately, that's a local place for us - no shipping!

Back