BBQ Brethren "Cast Iron" Throwdown

Ron,

I built that pit and the crossbar assembly a little over three years ago. The uprights are just driven into the ground, but the cross bar is removable. Matter of fact just gave em a fresh coat of paint yesterday in preparation for my entry.
As for the crotchless...........pic, well, lemme see what I have. Personally, I like that pic..........it offers the whole package...........(did I just say that?):-D

I'm sure there are a few crotchless one's out there.

Bob

Crotch Free.......but there is a little leg and outter thigh. Just warning you. And I'm exposing my can too.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70988&highlight=texas+red
You, Sir, have NO shame. (Coming from the sling shot guy)

I'll never touch pig's feet again ( made me almost upchuck tasting the gelatinous goo ) but the skin of the feet was tasty!

That's funny though the Pig's feet stew rock though

I'll just use the feet for the stew from now on!

822747701_ufJq7-L.jpg

Just some 30 day aged strip steaks. Before, during and after shots.
Flame charred on a Weber Kettle with original Weber Cast Iron Grate.

caststeakpre.jpg
caststeakon.jpg
caststeakpost.jpg

Hofy,
Nice looking steaks! Must be from the north county with the 1888 Bock :thumb:
Really liked their Double Butt Bock, butt :heh: the 1888 replaced it.

Thanks guys. They where delicious!
Up nort' in Wiscowsin.

Hmmm, still cool enough here to cook by the fire. Got a ziplock full of pulled pork, some Hatch green chile in the deep freeze, taters, onions, garlic, cilantro plant in the back yard needs a good trimming and the fresh chives in the front need to some trimming too.............then maybe use some of the yellow japs form last year's garden that are in the freeze too.................Hmmmmm, what the heck could I possible come up with? Bwaaahhhhahahhhhahhaa!
I can't resist an opportunity to get the DO going!

Bob

Course the Lodge Sportsman grill hasn't seen any action in a LONG time and those CI grates on it make for some killer freaking burgers...........Decisions, decisions!

Here's some Fluffer pron.........Not entry pics.
picture.php

Lodge Sportsman
or the DO
picture.php

Help a Brother decide.......

Geez Bob... you're a handsome dude. You must have to walk with a cane... so you have somethin to beat the women off with! :thumb:

Geez Bob... you're a handsome dude. You must have to walk with a cane... so you have somethin to beat the women off with! :thumb:

LOL!! I think maybe you mean.............."I was beat with an ugly stick!" :becky:
It must be the 'crotch' pic. :laugh::wink:

Bob

LOL!! I think maybe you mean.............."I was beat with an ugly stick!" :becky:

Bob

You're a dead ringer for my brother-in-law... and he did pretty well.

Bob

Yeah, I didn't wanna be the first dude to say anything, but what's up with havin' yer junk all up in the camera?? :mod:

When Chris posted this as a Cast Iron TD, I knew there would be some woodpile pics tossed around... didn't really expect it from you tho Bob... :thumb:

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like he was a great guy. I also hope your sister finds her way and meets someone as great as Ron sounds that will make her happy and fulfilled once again .

Bob

Thank you Bob, and that's exactly what I hope happens with her, too. But, I'm powerless... she won't listen. It's her right. I respect that.

Now, back to the subject... this is a great challenge. Me, I have no cast iron.

Brought up the subject to the missues last night.

Now, (insert best Myron voice here) I was smart about it.

Truth be told, I got her intoxicated with the salmon lasagna before I asked. After an initial complaint, I ultimately recieved approval to buy a few pieces.

Sometimes you've gotta win the battles.

Not cooking on it this week but thought I would share my set up

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't wanna be the first dude to say anything, but what's up with havin' yer junk all up in the camera?? :mod:

When Chris posted this as a Cast Iron TD, I knew there would be some woodpile pics tossed around... didn't really expect it from you tho Bob... :thumb:
Just thought you all would enjoy some package pron, that's all!:heh: You need to quit talking bout my junk.........I'm blushing over here..........:icon_blush:

Thank you Bob, and that's exactly what I hope happens with her, too. But, I'm powerless... she won't listen. It's her right. I respect that.

Now, back to the subject... this is a great challenge. Me, I have no cast iron.

Brought up the subject to the missues last night.

Now, (insert best Myron voice here) I was smart about it.

Truth be told, I got her intoxicated with the salmon lasagna before I asked. After an initial complaint, I ultimately recieved approval to buy a few pieces.

Sometimes you've gotta win the battles.
Booze is your friend, Brother. Hope you got some "dessert" too.......:wink:

Not cooking on it this week but thought I would share my set up
Sweet set up! I likey.

Last edited:
Back