• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
I don't carrot other people are going to do, I yam surewhat will turnip will beet the starch out of tubers in the saddle.

Derek, it has to be the roots themselves, not all parts of the plants. So, plant parts that are from the ground. Think potatos, yams, leeks, onions, radishes, beets, yacon, sunchokes, ginger, carrots, galangal, celeriac, peanuts etc...

There are no fruit, green leafy vegetables, beans etc...that would qualify.

Let's say someone decided to smoke, say, an apple, for this root throw down and decided to use hickory root for the smoke, does the smoke constitute the bulk of the flavor mean it is cooked featuring a root for flavor?

Derek, it has to be the roots themselves, not all parts of the plants. So, plant parts that are from the ground. Think potatos, yams, leeks, onions, radishes, beets, yacon, sunchokes, ginger, carrots, galangal, celeriac, peanuts etc...

There are no fruit, green leafy vegetables, beans etc...that would qualify.
Thanks for the tip LandArc, By the way does an artichoke count?

Derek, keep it simple, do something fantastic featuring potatoes. Sometimes the most humble of ingredients makes the best food. Show us something great with potatoes. Potatoes and onions on the kettle, run with it man.

Would boiled peanuts be legal?
jon
Technically, peanuts are seeds(pods), but since you gotta dig em up, I say for sure they would qualify. They BETTER qualify as they may be a part of my entry.................Bwahhhahahahhhhahahhhah!

But BOILED.........that's like boiled ribs no?:shocked::heh::becky:

Bob

I wouldn't know, I just put peanut butter in the crockpot. Everyone knows that's the best.

My entry is a PB and J sammich.......peanuts count. Let's leave it at that!:-D

Ever have one of those moments where you come up with what you think is a great idea, you just aren't sure how you are going to pull it off yet? :confused: Yeah, that is about where I am at. :Becky:

Back