Pork in the Park Salisbury MD

trohrs123

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got an email from Sandy Fulton, the organizer and there are 125 teams signed for this comp...WOW...cant wait!!!

This is a huge event. She told me 2 weeks ago she was going to stop at 105 teams. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I just counted 118. I even recounted thinking I missed some. The list was updated 3/8/2010

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Either way it's going to be huge. Largest event on the east coast, I think.

I'm wondering if they are going to be able to get enough CBJs.

Either way it's going to be huge. Largest event on the east coast, I think.

I'm wondering if they are going to be able to get enough CBJs.

She had over 125 2 weeks ago at the class and we certified another 53 I think she has it covered.

I gotta get my app in... dang it... stupid procrastination...

Just curious, if anyone knows, is this THE largest, (team count), contest in the Mid Atlantic /east coast region? To my knowledge, there are none larger, unless I am forgetting one, which for me, wouldnt be hard to do.

Just curious, if anyone knows, is this THE largest, (team count), contest in the Mid Atlantic /east coast region? To my knowledge, there are none larger, unless I am forgetting one, which for me, wouldnt be hard to do.

Definitely the largest in Mid Atlantic, Northeast regions. Might be the biggest on the entire East Coast... possible they might have a larger contest in Florida but I dont think so.

Most of my reading says it is the largest in the mid atlantic region. I'm kinda nervous now. Never been in one this big anybody have any advice

Most of my reading says it is the largest in the mid atlantic region. I'm kinda nervous now. Never been in one this big anybody have any advice

Cook exactly like you do in the 25 team contests and then say your prayers... :-D

Biggest on the east coast? Now wait a minute! When I sent in my application for Williepallooza, I was of the understanding that that was the biggest competition on the east coast and that TLC would be there filming BBQ Pitmasters Season 2. I just don't know who to believe anymore.
:icon_shock1:

Anybody know how big the event area is. are we gonna be spread out or jammed in

The park is huge, I would not call it jammed in, basically like any other comp where there are lines of teams. I will be over with the vendors, but I make many trips to fat angel and ique to shiq and they have nice size set ups. I believe it is first come first serve over there.

I cant wait! I can smell the smoke already..... oh wait thats my smoke.
:icon_cool

Last year I slept in a chair with a small blanket under my canopy and froze my A$$ off. This year, same game plan except I have a "Zero Degree" sleeping bag. I hope it does what it is supposed to do. :-D

New to the site. Very nice.

Anyone do any camping around the area for the event? Any recommendations or places to stay away from?

wallace

Back