Building 250 gal RF

Ok...got a LITTLE work done on the smoker today....will post pics when I get a chance. My son got into helping with the build after his football game. GREAT Time to spend quality time with the kids...building a smoker.

SO, got the door cut out. Has anyone had an issue where after cutting the door and welding the hinges....the bottom of the door curls in somewhat. The top of the door fits together perfect, but the bottom of the door has curled in a little...towards the inside of the tank. Not overly bad, and it's only the last few inches, but was definitely odd.

Don't know for sure how much I will get done on the smoker this coming weekend, as the band has a gig AND we're doing a competition on our FB page for free tickets to an upcoming show opening for a big artist, but I hope to try to get something done. DO have one question.... pretty much everything is 1/4", the tank, the FB will be...etc.. Can the RF baffle plate be slightly thinner without causing too much grief in the future. I got a sheet of metal...I believe 5/16 but not certain. Anyhow...the sheet is perfectly flat, and almost the perfect size to fit perfectly with only little trimming. If it won't make me regret it in the future, I'd like to use it. Any help is appreciated.

Back