Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Jeffery, that is wonderful news!! I was hoping the weather would be good, so that your sales would be thru the roof!! People love food trucks, and when your food is good and you're plugged into social media, they will find you.

Thanks, guys. This will probably be the best week yet. We sold out today right around 5:45. Well, that's a lie, I do still have a half rack of ribs in the warmer. It was so crazy that all of our afternoon pork butts were pre-sold about two hours before they were even scheduled to come off the smoker. We had a few other people who were willing to sit down and eat their sides but wait an hour for the next batch of burnt ends to be done. :shocked:

^^^ Now that's farkin dedication ^^^:laugh:

Finally made your pickle recipe with cucumbers from my garden. Grew english cucs this year and were very crunchy and flavor was good. Used same brine and made two jars of pickled green beans, wow, those were also good. Thanks for giving us the recipe.

Great job! You've worked very hard and it's paying off. Very glad to see you have the success you're having!

Finally made your pickle recipe with cucumbers from my garden. Grew english cucs this year and were very crunchy and flavor was good. Used same brine and made two jars of pickled green beans, wow, those were also good. Thanks for giving us the recipe.

Not to Hijack, as the pickle recipe is legendary.....:clap2:

When you say you used the same brine...
Did you recycle it?
Can you recycle it?

I just made your pickles too. First time I've ever made pickles. I think they'll be a staple in the fridge. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I looked on the Shirley Fabrication Facebook page to see if they had pictures of your new smoker. I didn't find any pictures of yours, so please post some when you get a chance. Let us know how the trip to get it goes.

Not to Hijack, as the pickle recipe is legendary.....:clap2:

When you say you used the same brine...
Did you recycle it?
Can you recycle it?

I have made 2 batches in the same brine, when one was gone I just put more pickles in it

I do this too with Claussen and other pickles.

It works...

Since we are talking pickles. I have made two double batches and they go so fast that I am thinking of getting a tub (size you use to brine turkeys) container to make mega batches.

Thanks for sharing. You have upped my BBQ rep in my neighborhood with these pickles.

actually I just tried some from the reused brine

It tastes good but did lose some of its potency, so keep that in mind

they are still good just not as...

Might have to buy another fridge to store the pickles.
They last a long time. Well, they won't SPOIL quickly,
is what I mean.
They disappear fast! I mean, make 2 gallons, and they are GONE!
I need to make 2 5-gallon Buckets next!

Might have to buy another fridge to store the pickles.
They last a long time. Well, they won't SPOIL quickly,
is what I mean.
They disappear fast! I mean, make 2 gallons, and they are GONE!
I need to make 2 5-gallon Buckets next!

I think we're going through around 75 pounds of cucumbers a week at the restaurant, and we only give each person two slices. :shocked:

we only give each person two slices. :shocked:
Well that's it, I'll NEVER go there for only 2 slices!
I thought you were contemplating selling your sides by the lb?
Not that you have any free time to do that...

Well that's it, I'll NEVER go there for only 2 slices!
I thought you were contemplating selling your sides by the lb?
Not that you have any free time to do that...

We do sell sides in bulk. And sell a lot of them! Had someone not too long ago order 32 quarts of mac and cheese. I also sell pickles at $2 for a half pint container.

But for the most part, pickles are just a freebie that come with each order.

I think we're going through around 75 pounds of cucumbers a week at the restaurant, and we only give each person two slices. :shocked:

Just a friendly fyi, you may want to QC the people on the line, because I definitely got more than 2 slices, lol :wink:

Also, for anyone who didn't see my post in this thread, The Pig is legit, was worth the 700+ mile drive to get to!

Wow.
I made it.
Every post from the beginning to now.

YOU are an amazing human, Jeremy.

I can't think of anything else to say that hasn't already been said.

Thank you for sharing your journeys!

Just a friendly fyi, you may want to QC the people on the line, because I definitely got more than 2 slices, lol :wink:

Also, for anyone who didn't see my post in this thread, The Pig is legit, was worth the 700+ mile drive to get to!

You know you're doing something very right when people who know barbeque are saying it's worth a ten hour drive.

From where I live in Chicago it saves about 390 miles each way getting to Kansas City. The way I see it, I can apply that $140 in gas savings to Prized Pig brisket-by-the-pound and pints of now famous pickles!

Back