Plant City Pig Jam

Contact them soon if you want to judge - it fills up.

Southern Brethren will be competing at Plant City. We cooked it two years ago, and I judged it last year. It's a good contest. We see quite a few out of state teams - guess the colder weather runs 'em down south!!

Come by and look me up for a cold one Steve.
It's a nice contest.

What Dave says.

Plant City 2004 was a pivotal event for us.
I honestly think this was the first event where we started to learn "how to compete". Not necessarily "win" but focus on competing.
We were new.
This forum was newly talking about competitions. We did not have the plethora of competitors we enjoy now. So, some of us were kinda breaking new ground on the Forum.

Our "report" is here:

http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9913&highlight=plant+city

Funny and embarassing at the same time.

But, we survived, we walked, and we have grown since then.

Plant City is a major event down here--for sure.

TIM

I figure on coming by to say howdy at least once during the weekend. I think DrBBQ's planning on being there too. If'n ya'll need anything let me know. I'm justa Hop skip and a Jump dwon the road.

JohnMcD348 said:
I figure on coming by to say howdy at least once during the weekend. I think DrBBQ's planning on being there too. If'n ya'll need anything let me know. I'm justa Hop skip and a Jump dwon the road.

OK John--here is my wish list.

Bring some secrets you have learned to help us score in this sucker! :redface:

Hope to see you there! Gonna be a great event!
Come cook with us if you want.

TIM

Last edited:
I havent found any contact info about judging anywhere on the website. I will try the phone number listed. I am flying into Tampa that fri nite. I am gonna head over to the contest and just bum around for the nite till sat evening when the rest of the family comes in to pick them up from the airport

Call Amy at (813) 754-3707 or email her at Amy@plantcity.org.

If you don't get through, I'd still show up. This is a pretty big event and when I showed up last year I wasn't on the list (despite two emails and a phone call)...but they will take "walk on" CBJ's over uncertified people.

Tim - forgot to tell you, I've got our registration and wristbands!! We're set - sort of, like always!

Heard from the lady down in plant city today about judging , they have 90 judges and dont need anymore as of right now but im the "waiting list"

So go pitbitch for someone. Make your Croatian sausages and drink thier beer!

Sledneck said:
Heard from the lady down in plant city today about judging , they have 90 judges and dont need anymore as of right now but im the "waiting list"

Steve,
We will have an extra chair for ya!
Come on by.
We will probably be on the back row--RV area.

TIM

The_Kapn said:
Steve,
We will have an extra chair for ya!
Come on by.
We will probably be on the back row--RV area.

TIM

Thanks, What kind of beer you guys drink?

Sledneck said:
Thanks, What kind of beer you guys drink?

Really appreciate the offer, but just bring your favorite.
Plenty of cooler space available.

TIM

Back