Rotisserie Picnic

What do you think the Roti brings to the finished product here?
just curious

Roti brings a mailiard reaction, that you just don't get with the standard low and slow cook. With Roti, you don't have juices sitting on the surface preventing bark formation. You can achieve an amazing bark at a low temp which allows you to wrap at a lower IT, which ends in a nice bark with a juicy end result.

I think probably the reason people aren’t inclined to reply to your posts is due to your need to screenshot people browsing your thread and call them out for not giving you the replies you feel are deserved, while talking down on all the “terrible Q” you’ve seen posted here.

I doubt it’s the goal of anyone here to overcook pork or beef, or anything for that matter.

Please clap :clap2:

Suds,

It's like trying to talk to the wall with this clown.... I put him on ignore a month ago...if you try to be honest and direct with him he wants to argue.... out of thousands of members here he is the ONLY one I have on ignore... This "master BBQ king" has posted one or two cooks" gee, we never see sako or the likes of these guys talk sh!t, because guys and girls like Cowgirl make this site so awesome, heck, my first decent post she complemented me, right then I knew I was in the right place! ... I encourage everyone to put him on ignore... You are a patient man for trying to explain the obvious to the dummies though... Heck, maybe he is better than Arron Franklen... Just more arrogant :mod:
Thanks,
Greg

Suds,

It's like trying to talk to the wall with this clown.... I put him on ignore a month ago...if you try to be honest and direct with him he wants to argue.... out of thousands of members here he is the ONLY one I have on ignore... This "master BBQ king" has posted one or two cooks" gee, we never see sako or the likes of these guys talk sh!t, because guys and girls like Cowgirl make this site so awesome, heck, my first decent post she complemented me, right then I knew I was in the right place! ... I encourage everyone to put him on ignore... You are a patient man for trying to explain the obvious to the dummies though... Heck, maybe he is better than Arron Franklen... Just more arrogant :mod:
Thanks,
Greg

One of the few who made my "Ignore List" as well.

I have never seen a positive or informative post. Just arguments.

Love the crust on that baby. I’ve always been tempted to bust out the roti for pork shoulder after seeing the DadCooksDinner guy doing it all the time.

Anything you would do differently on the cook?

Roti brings a mailiard reaction, that you just don't get with the standard low and slow cook. With Roti, you don't have juices sitting on the surface preventing bark formation. You can achieve an amazing bark at a low temp which allows you to wrap at a lower IT, which ends in a nice bark with a juicy end result.

Interesting. Could explain why hanging ribs turn out better in my experience than laying on the grates. Haven't put them on the rotisserie yet, but I might have to pick up a rib rack for it to test it out.

One of the few who made my "Ignore List" as well.

I have never seen a positive or informative post. Just arguments.

Sorry, i had to comment on this. You put me on "Ignore list" then claim i don't have any informative posts. How would you know if my posts are informative, if you have me on an "Ignore list"? LOL.:caked:

Back