View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #15
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92 View Post
You're absolutely not speaking out of turn and you make a lot of sense. The same care can be taken with a dedicated forum with the rules loosened.
For instance: I'm doing a benefit cook for a fellow barbecue guy in my town who's wife has stage four cervical cancer. There's a GoFundMe page to help defray medical costs and help the family through this time. I post the GoFundMe link along with the backstory on a dedicated forum that's moderated. The moderator reviews the post, makes sure it isn't something objectionable, approves the post and it goes up. People who have an interest in donating can visit the page, see the post and decide if they want to contribute or not.
Since it's on its own page, nobody in Qtalk or the Woodpile is being inundated with requests for money, and the only people who see the posts are people who actually seek out a cause to which they want to donate.
Which unpaid mod are you volunteering for this task? And the grief they risk for ruling against someone? Are you volunteering?