Chicken fajitas with homemade tortillas

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I tried my hand at making fresh corn tortillas yesterday. I also tried out a new seasoning from Sucklebusters (great stuff!). I made a marinade using soy sauce, water and the seasoning and marinated 4 chicken breasts for a few hours. I bought some Maseca and followed the directions to make fresh corn tortillas. I really need to invest in a tortilla press it would have been alot faster but I used some plastic wrap and a heavy pan to press my tortillas and they came out ok. Cooked them on the cast iron comal. Grilled up the chicken breasts over K and some pecan for smoke and had some fine tacos with fresh avocado and salsa roja. I should have patted off the excess marinade because a few of these were kinda salty but overall had a great flavor from the marinade. Homemade tortillas make all the difference in the world. Here's proof. I never get tired of fajitas by the way...

chicken001.jpg

chicken002.jpg

My balls
chicken003.jpg

chicken006.jpg

chicken004.jpg

chicken010.jpg

chicken009.jpg

chicken012.jpg

chicken014.jpg

chicken016.jpg

chicken017.jpg

Un farking believably beautiful shots Al. Really makes me want to dive right in.:thumb::thumb:

I've had a good time this summer trying different things to make the perfect fajita. It's alot of trial and error and beers. This was a good recipe.

Back