• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken fajitas with homemade tortillas

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I tried my hand at making fresh corn tortillas yesterday. I also tried out a new seasoning from Sucklebusters (great stuff!). I made a marinade using soy sauce, water and the seasoning and marinated 4 chicken breasts for a few hours. I bought some Maseca and followed the directions to make fresh corn tortillas. I really need to invest in a tortilla press it would have been alot faster but I used some plastic wrap and a heavy pan to press my tortillas and they came out ok. Cooked them on the cast iron comal. Grilled up the chicken breasts over K and some pecan for smoke and had some fine tacos with fresh avocado and salsa roja. I should have patted off the excess marinade because a few of these were kinda salty but overall had a great flavor from the marinade. Homemade tortillas make all the difference in the world. Here's proof. I never get tired of fajitas by the way...

chicken001.jpg

chicken002.jpg

My balls
chicken003.jpg

chicken006.jpg

chicken004.jpg

chicken010.jpg

chicken009.jpg

chicken012.jpg

chicken014.jpg

chicken016.jpg

chicken017.jpg

I've had a good time this summer trying different things to make the perfect fajita. It's alot of trial and error and beers. This was a good recipe.

Back