3 JD's Smokin' Misfits
4 My Side of the Mtn BBQ
5 Hambones by the Fire
6 Serial Griller
7 Gooney Creek BBQ
8 The Grateful Pig
9 Virginia BBQ Pirates
10 Old Dominion Smokehouse

grea job 3 EYEZ!! Super finish to CSBBBQ!! nice showing by the Pirates and everyone!! congrats! Black Cat kicken some Q as well..

congrats to all who walked!!!

Sal

Way to go 3 Eyz, CS&B and all that were called!

Good call Finney. Rick did awesome and was completely alone for this one. 2 Great finishes in a row - watch out for him down there in NC!

grea job 3 EYEZ!! Super finish to CSBBBQ!! nice showing by the Pirates and everyone!! congrats! Black Cat kicken some Q as well..

congrats to all who walked!!!

Sal

Thanks Sal!!

This was a great contest. Organizers really did a good job with making sure we had enough room, our spots were well marked, trash/ash pick up was right there and even started announcements before the scheduled time! :eusa_clap

Congrats to all who walked and all who competed. Lots of really nice folks!!

Congrats to 3Ezy on GC and CS&B on RGC. And great work to all that walked. That GC trophy was one of the best I have seen. I have to give some applause to the event organizers on all the awards. It was obvious that the organizers and sponsors had a lot of fun with the trophys by putting sunglasses, swim trunks, bonnets, and chefs hats on them all. Very cool.

Thanks to all who offered their assistance seeing I was alone. I really lucked out being set up between 3Eyz and Tarheel Smokers.

HELLO,New member here from Rocky Mount,N.C. Welcome all to the Downeast BBQ Throwdown

Contrats to all who walked! Big shot out to Dan and Big Ugly of 3eyzs on the GC. Mike and Rick also on 2nd and third. Sounds like a must do event for 2010.

Congrats to the 3eyez and all the walkers and thanks to all the teams for making it a special event.

Big thanks to Gooney Creek for organizing a great potluck on Friday night as well as for bringing in some great local music talent to play for us. There sure was some fine pickin' goin on at the campsite!

Jesse of "The Grateful Pig"

Gotta say something here. Dan has been just awesome this year. He has obviously cooked every competition that 3 Eyz has done, and has had many different people filling in from comp to comp. I've only been able to make a handful and Mutha Chicken has only been able to make a handful, and still 3 Eyz continues to roll. Just a true test to Dan's skill and ability to adapt to the situation. I'm obviously biased a bit, but the cooks out there know how it can be tough to adjust with different people, personalities, styles, etc. Congrats to Dan on keeping the 3 Eyz train rolling!

I must say that he has also done a good job at finding some great people to help out (Big Ugly, VA BBQ Pirate folks, Rick, etc.).

This was my first tourney (my team was Smokis Porkis) and due to all of the advice on this board, we pulled off results waaayyyy better than we ever expected. We were only 2 points from a call in pulled pork and were consistent enough in the other categories that we pulled down 11th overall. All due to help from the brethren!

It was great to meet many of you face to face for the first time and look forward to seeing you all a bunch more in the future. I plan on posting my turn-in pics in another thread soon.

THANKS Again!!!!! I'm totally hooked.

Back