Grilled Shrimp, Scallop, and Artichoke Heart Kabobs

T

The Pickled Pig

I had a craving for grilled fresh scallops today so I went to the seafood counter over at Whole Foods. While there, I couldn't seem to pass up the fresh shrimp. So I decided to make kabobs over a bed of rice with some veggies for dinner.

5.jpg

Of course, don't forget the fresh tartar sauce. :-D

7.jpg

I used the remaining protein tonight for Magic Shrimp and Scallops. I guess there are worse things than eating fresh shrimp and scallops two nights in a row. :mrgreen:

1.jpg

I used the remaining protein tonight for Magic Shrimp and Scallops. I guess there are worse things than eating fresh shrimp and scallops two nights in a row. :mrgreen:

1.jpg

Yum!! That looks awesome. Do tell please..:wink:

Those kabobs look awesome, what did you season them with?

The kabobs were marinated in EVOO, garlic, lemon juice, white pepper, and oregano. They were seasoned with DP's Shakin' The Tree. And I basted in a garlic butter sauce while grilling.

The magic shrimp & scallops look great. What all's in it?

Ingredients
  • 3/4 LB Large Shrimp, shelled and deveined
  • 1/2 LB Sea Scallops
  • 1 Egg beaten
  • 1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 C Heavy Cream
  • 2 TBSP Butter
  • 3 Strips Bacon, diced
  • 1/4 C White Wine (I used a Chardonnay)
  • 1 TSP Tarragon
  • Salt to Taste
  • Garlic Powder to Taste
  • Pepper to Taste
Lightly sprinkle salt and garlic powder on shrimp and scallops. Dip shrimp in eggs and coat with parmesan cheese. Dip scallops in 1/2 C heavy cream(reserve the remaining cream) and coat with parmesan cheese. Cook bacon in large skillet. Add butter, shrimp, and scallops. Brown shrimp and scallops on both sides. Add wine and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add remaining cream and simmer gently for 10 more minutes. Plate and sprinkle tarragon and pepper to taste.

Back