The Great Key Largo BBQ Championship 11/04-11/05(Merged)

The Great Key Largo BBQ Championship 11/04-11/05

Is anyone cooking or judging or visiting at Key Largo?

RE: The Great Key Largo BBQ Championship 11/04-11/05

Southern Brethren (that's Tim/Kapndsl and me) are registered. :D

A couple of Brethren are/were planning to bring their families and do a vacation and judge.

I gotta kill some vacation time so I think I'll drag the wife down there 4 a few days.

Got an update on the Key Largo KCBS event:

Right now 12 teams are paid, 2 more expected this week, and then, of course, Dr.BBQ :D It's still over six weeks away and I expect some other teams will register.

It's looking like it's going to be fun - lot's of activity going on with the Island Jubilee festival and, of course, the FL keys! I haven't decided whether to drive down Thursday evening or get there around noon on Friday.

www.keylargochamber.org and click on the BBQ button! :D

Just a quick note, but I'm sad that I just had to cancel coming down to this event to judge it in 2 weeks.

Not sad about not going to Key Largo (been there), sad about not meeting some of my friends from here. Dr.BBQ, Smokin Cracker, Cosmic Cooker, but especially Kapn (and Chad, but we've already chewed the rug a few times in Long Island). Probably a few other FloFo's I left out.

Hope you all have a fine time.

Good luck Tim and Dave!

I just talked with Jane Van Fleet, the Chamber organizer...things are going forward for Nov 4/5. There are going to be a couple of TV production crews there and they are working on getting some more Miami local coverage.

Packets were supposed to go out today but mail service is suspended due to storm preparations.

Bill, I mentioned you and she said you'd contacted her about the problems you've got up there. I was looking forward to visiting with you in a different atmosphere than the NY Bashes..I'm sorry you can't make it.

Right now 21 teams with a couple more registrations expected when the mail arrives.

Wow! This one sounds like alot of fun. Q'ing in paradise. I wish I could go, but I will just have to dream about. I hope all that attend have a good time and enjoy themselves.

Yes, I hear things are pretty good and they will be ready for us. 19 teams on the list as of now. See you there.

Big Gene’s BBQ

The Boca Boys

Rock & Roll BBQ

Southern Brethren BBQ

Bill & the Dixie Chicks

Smokin Butts BBQ

Ole Sparky BBQ

Swamp Boys BBQ

Pigilicious BBQ

Mrs. Dog & and Grill Puppies

Tropical BBQ

BA BBQ

Crazy Eyed Wilbur

Firehorse BBQ-US

Bone Smokers

Pork-o-holics

Two Hawg Nutz

Big John’s Texas BBBQ

Smokin Cracker BBQ

Thanks for the update Ray - I was expecting to hear from Jane whenever she could get to a phone or computer. Now I know!!

We're sure looking forward to Nov. 4/5!