How do you feel?

Ah... But they aren't saying no beer. They are saying you can't bring your own, you have to buy ours due to liquor license restrictions. So there is no guarantee that you wouldn't have to deal with drunks at 3:00am. In fact, with the entertainment going until 1:00am it is probably more likely that there will be drunks wandering around at 3:00am.
Oh, goody....:boxing:

To the original question, if there is absolutely NO ALCOHOL, being a beer drinker
myself, and as I do this for enjoyment, and as no beer would be to take away
enjoyment, I dont do them. I harbor no grudge; just dont do those comps. We
have a few 'round here that say "no booze", but in actuality they host BBQ contests
and chili cookoffs regularly. As long as you're keeping it in the little red cup, and
nobody is walking around knee-walkin' drunk, you're good to go. My two favorite
comps are like this. Then, as far as having to purchase their beer, it really depends
on whether I like their beer. I haven't seen any comps like this yet, but it wouldnt
offend me to have to purchase beer from them. No worries.

Does beg a question though: Do they sell/sponsor single malt scotch, at a discount?
If so, I'LL TRAVEL!!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
Being a homebrewer, it's pretty easy to guess my own feelings on this situation. Hold nothing against them for having it that way but, they should provide a list of the rules when handing out the applications so everyone knows what they are signing up for. It is their first time doing this though so I am hoping there will be improvements in the future. Had really wanted to do the comp in question seeing as it is one of the closer ones to me but, bad timing and then lack of funds made it not possible. At this point though, am thinking maybe there was a reason for things not working out.

Would any of you guys cook The Jack? There's no drinking allowed there.

No drinking? Why do I always seem to have such a fuin time up on the Hill then? :roll:

Is it just me or does this thread have nothing to do with a case of beer and everything to do with poor event organizer communication at one specific contest?

What is wrong with calling a spade a spade?

Is it just me or does this thread have nothing to do with a case of beer and everything to do with poor event organizer communication at one specific contest?

What is wrong with calling a spade a spade?

Your right I apologize I am just frustrated with this whole deal.And I dont drink ,theres a lot more to it.Have a nice nite fellas I am done.

Back