Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2nd Annual Bartow Bluegrass & BBQ, Bartow, FL Nov 13-14, 2009

I'll be there! This is a fantastic contest. If you are on the fence, please do yourself and the contest a favor and go. Email Dana asap so she can make proper arrangements.

I'll be there! This is a fantastic contest. If you are on the fence, please do yourself and the contest a favor and go. Email Dana asap so she can make proper arrangements.

I have inside connections... :-D

I am in, and already have my spot reserved.... I put in my request last year right after it was over.... :eek: I made the final arrangements abt a month and a half ago, with my spot request.... I told them this NC boy needed some shade from that FL sun... it will be HOT for me, as we have already had the heat on up here...... it is so nice to have some connections some times. BTW, I got a phone call earlier, and more have signed up.... there will be more than what was there last year.....

BTW, I will have a private stash of Franklin's magic mojo coffee.... :mrgreen:

We will be there for sure. How was this contest last year? I think we need to get in on that good spot action!

We will be there for sure. How was this contest last year? I think we need to get in on that good spot action!

I hear it was a great 1st time event. I didn't make it as I was in a class until Friday afternoon of the event.... otherwise I would have been there.

All you need is an inside connection, and you can request a good spot... :rolleyes:

I highly recommend this contest!
Even though I have never been to it :oops:

Elba, AL is the same weekend and y'all need to cook with RUB!
He is fun! :lol:

TIM

I've never personally met Rub, but we've been doing the circuit down here since Plant City of 2008. You can't miss that rig now though!

Good old inside connections. I can use your's right?

Sure,
Dana Pasquis

Phone: (863) 409-1452

Fax: (877) 301-3658

E-Mail: dpasquis@me.com

My connection just told her what I wanted and she worked it out. Most organizers will if you just ask..... :biggrin:

I've never personally met Rub, but we've been doing the circuit down here since Plant City of 2008. You can't miss that rig now though!

Rub was at Franklin, NC back in Aug. and I got to meet him for the 1st time. He answered a lot of my questions with no problem and was great to get to know. Looking forward to trying and putting some whooping on him .... :rolleyes: :eek: or at least try.....

We will be there. Didnt have any connections so we'll probably be out in the pasture. LOL. Only our second comp. in pro, 4th overall. Still rookies but still havin fun!

If theres BBQ, were there!
BBQ Groupies

Sure,
Dana Pasquis

Phone: (863) 409-1452

Fax: (877) 301-3658

E-Mail: dpasquis@me.com

My connection just told her what I wanted and she worked it out. Most organizers will if you just ask..... :biggrin:

Rub was at Franklin, NC back in Aug. and I got to meet him for the 1st time. He answered a lot of my questions with no problem and was great to get to know. Looking forward to trying and putting some whooping on him .... :rolleyes: :eek: or at least try.....

Thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it. I hope to meet some fellow Brethren out at the contest. I sure hope the heat is gone by then. I dont know if I can handle feels like temp of 115 like at Bartow. Although we finally got called up, so maybe it worked out.

Thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it. I hope to meet some fellow Brethren out at the contest. I sure hope the heat is gone by then. I dont know if I can handle feels like temp of 115 like at Bartow. Although we finally got called up, so maybe it worked out.

HEAT.... I will burn up....... the average temp for Bartow for Nov. 13 & 14 is: low 60 and high of 80, :eek: we have an average low of 38 and a high of 63.... now you know why I requested some shade :rolleyes:

And yes, I will have some summer time clothes to change into when I get a little bit more to the south.... The long sleeve shirts and jackets will probably be left hanging in the trailer....

See ya all there...

Bill

I'll be stopping by but it's the weekend we're doing my son's birthday so I couldn't really plan on doing this one or I would (Class of 88 BHS).

Bill I've got an Easy up type unit if you want to use it. Call me when you get into town. I'm just down the road and already have the beer cooling.

I'll be stopping by but it's the weekend we're doing my son's birthday so I couldn't really plan on doing this one or I would (Class of 88 BHS).

Bill I've got an Easy up type unit if you want to use it. Call me when you get into town. I'm just down the road and already have the beer cooling.

Thanks for the offer, but I should be good. See ya on Saturday.

Inside connection says that there has been like 5 teams sign up in the last few days... up to abt 42 or 43 teams now....

Now if that tropical storm will just stay away. I hope my weather man here is way wrong. He is saying that it is likely to be in the FL area later in the week, Wed. Thurs, with winds likely to be abt 60 mph...... I sure hope he is wrong... my offsets do not cook well with lots of wind...

eenie, menee, minee, mo, which way is she going to go......

So far I do not like the direction that most of the forecasters are predicting for Ida to go over the next couple of days. I plan on finishing packing tomorrow after work, and hit the road by 6pm, travel to maybe 11pmish and get a room for the night, then head on in to my brothers on Wednesday. At the last forecast that I saw, we should intersect with Ida somewhere in GA on Wednesday....... One has to really love doing this here BBQ comp stuff to put up with conditions like that... :eek: :biggrin: :rolleyes: or totally out of his head.... :confused:

Most recent forecast down here looks pretty much perfect for the upcoming weekend. 81 as a high, partly cloudy and 8mph winds. That sure works for me.

Most recent forecast down here looks pretty much perfect for the upcoming weekend. 81 as a high, partly cloudy and 8mph winds. That sure works for me.

That is pretty warm for us.... it has been upper 50's 60's for highs for the last few weeks now, so we will be pretty hot.... but we will take it... see ya all in a couple of days.

Got an e-mail from Dana tuesday night saying teams couldn't check in till 6:00 p.m thursday, did anyone else get it?

Back