• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Burger Questions

twisterbret

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've seen a few Brisket Burger threads. Each doing their burgers different.
I have a few questions. I have some Brisket cubed and ready to be sent through my grinder. I don't have any chuck or anything fatty to mix. So this will be straight up Brisket, trimmed of only the hardest parts of fat.

1. Anyone cook a Brisket Burger without mixing with fatty stuff?

2. Do you cook the Brisket (Med) or cook it all the way through? I thought I read to cook it through to make it tender?

Thanks!!

Twisterbret

If this is the packer you should get a 80/20 mix....but if its the flat alone then you'll need to add something....bacon is a good choice and I always have bacon in the freezer..

If this is the packer you should get a 80/20 mix....but if its the flat alone then you'll need to add something....bacon is a good choice and I always have bacon in the freezer..

It was a 3 pound flat.

1. Anyone cook a Brisket Burger without mixing with fatty stuff? No
2. Do you cook the Brisket (Med) or cook it all the way through? I thought I read to cook it through to make it tender? I cook mine med-well.

Without the fat, it'll be a dry...OMHO. Go 80/20 I always use bacon. It gives the burger a great flavor!

Just picked up the bacon. Bacon makes anything taste good.

Check out this April Fools

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html?cpg=93H

1. Anyone cook a Brisket Burger without mixing with fatty stuff? No
2. Do you cook the Brisket (Med) or cook it all the way through? I thought I read to cook it through to make it tender? I cook mine med-well.

Without the fat, it'll be a dry...OMHO. Go 80/20 I always use bacon. It gives the burger a great flavor!

I grind up flats only. Sometimes I add bacon, other times I don't. I cook them well done. Like a regular brisket, they are juicier that way. Brisket meat doesn't get juicy until it gets well, well done.:wink:

throw the cubed beef in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm it up, not frozen just firm. it will grind easier. t

I'm using the newly bought Kitchen Aid grinder attachment for the mixer. Worked pretty good. The meat was semi frozen. I used large grind plate, then re-ground it with the finer plate. I did add some bacon, which I ground up. I'll cook it through. I want to make sure the bacon has been cooked. I'm using the gasser tonight. Pron to come.

They turned out pretty good. I cooked them through even measuring at 159 with my super fast blue Thermoworks. It was very tender and juicy like a med but cooked all the way through.

I believe I could have used a lot more bacon. I also need to find a great way of evening out the bacon through out. I ground the bacon separate then added it in. It didn't mix as well as I would have liked. Any suggestions please!! :) Also if anyone has tips to get their burgers to not to expand upward let me know. I push them down in the center a little bit before the cook. It helps little.

Ok I have pron for the proof. It's was still on the grill

504494644_98Gfs-XL.jpg

504494522_3FyjP-XL.jpg

Back