Kitchen Bouquet On Steak???

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of different oldschool videos where someone instructed to brush steaks with Kitchen Bouquet before grilling. Other than these videos I have never heard of this. Was this a big deal back in the day and it just faded out of style?

I have seen a couple of different oldschool videos where someone instructed to brush steaks with Kitchen Bouquet before grilling. Other than these videos I have never heard of this. Was this a big deal back in the day and it just faded out of style?
Any time I cook a roast, or beef tips in a dutch oven, I use Kitchen Bouquet. See no reason it would not work on a steak. It is great for bringing out the flavor in the above dishes. I keep it on hand all the time.

Crush the herb bunch just a little. It works.
I use a 'rosemary brush' for lamb and mutton and goat.
Same principle Q-Dat.
Go for it.

Haha I doubt I'll be trying it! I mostly just wondered if it was a big deal way back when because of the videos!

so splain to me kitchen bouquet........

Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce found in the grocery isles by the A-1 sauce and other sauces. It is a dark brown liquid. Just rub your meat down with it like you would with a good evoo. If you are going to put it on the grill, then season with your seasons or rub and have at it. If you are going to cook a roast in a dutch oven, coat with the Bouquet and brown/sear and then start with your other seasonings and cook like you always do. If you cook some onions in the oven first, then brown/sear and cook till tender, mmmm! Put a bite of that in your mouth and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get at it! :)>

Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce found in the grocery isles by the A-1 sauce and other sauces. It is a dark brown liquid. Just rub your meat down with it like you would with a good evoo. If you are going to put it on the grill, then season with your seasons or rub and have at it. If you are going to cook a roast in a dutch oven, coat with the Bouquet and brown/sear and then start with your other seasonings and cook like you always do. If you cook some onions in the oven first, then brown/sear and cook till tender, mmmm! Put a bite of that in your mouth and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get at it! :)>

Thank You, will have to try it.:thumb:

Oops, I hought you meant using bouquet garni as a brush.:icon_blush:
I won't be using the caramel and food colouring either, thanks.:tsk:

Back