• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do I BBQ Lamb ribs?

BrianS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Howdy Brethren,
I had a friend give me some lamb ribs. Never done 'em before. Will some of you please give me some ideas on how to make these a home run? Pics are always welcome with me (hint hint)
I would appreciate it immensely!:wink:
We are getting up to 8" of snow the next couple of days so I am gonna be snowed in. That is my favorite time to fire up a cooker!

Lamb ribs are awesome. If it looks like baby back or spare ribs than you would cook them the same way.

I have cooked lamb breast ribs the same as baby backs both on the PBC and indirect on the weber. I like cooking WFO at what ever the weber kettle settles to. Main thing for Lamb at least for me is to keep it simple. I just use my own rub of 1 part each of salt and granulated garlic 2 parts black pepper and half part of granulated onion. 1 part salt if you use kosher, I use equal amount of salt and black pepper as I use Redmonds sea salt. If you have some rosemary you can sprinkle it on directly. Also rub with olive oil first. Let marinate for 30 mins to an hour while getting the pit ready. Than cook indirect into probe tender.

Lamb ribs are awesome. If it looks like baby back or spare ribs than you would cook them the same way.

I have cooked lamb breast ribs the same as baby backs both on the PBC and indirect on the weber. I like cooking WFO at what ever the weber kettle settles to. Main thing for Lamb at least for me is to keep it simple. I just use my own rub of 1 part each of salt and granulated garlic 2 parts black pepper and half part of granulated onion. 1 part salt if you use kosher, I use equal amount of salt and black pepper as I use Redmonds sea salt. If you have some rosemary you can sprinkle it on directly. Also rub with olive oil first. Let marinate for 30 mins to an hour while getting the pit ready. Than cook indirect into probe tender.
So your lamb rub is more similar to what I use for beef more on the savory side. YOu dont use a brown sugar based rub? Thats how I normally do pork ribs.
BTW, do you wrap them and is there much fat in them? They are wrapped in butcher paper so I havent even looked at them yet.

I wish I could help. I experimented with the last lamb ribs I had, 100% winged it.
Made a marinade of red wine, garlic, rosemary and EVOO, let sit overnight, rinsed and added into the UDS, one hour after some pork ribs. Maybe at 265-275 which is where my drum likes to run in the non-rainy non-cold season.

Turned out awesome. Problem was I didn't document the cook and am now am unsure of the details. Im trying again soon.

Don't overcook and you'll be fine.

DO NOT cook these like baby backs, rack of lamb is incredibley tender already and is best medium/medium rare. You want to cook these bad boys HOT and FAST (350+). Lamb goes very well with alot of herbs like mint, taragon, rosemary and especially EVOO. My advice is to marinate it for a day iwth some garlic and herbs in EVOO and season them up simply with S and P.

DO NOT cook these like baby backs, rack of lamb is incredibley tender already and is best medium/medium rare. You want to cook these bad boys HOT and FAST (350+). Lamb goes very well with alot of herbs like mint, taragon, rosemary and especially EVOO. My advice is to marinate it for a day iwth some garlic and herbs in EVOO and season them up simply with S and P.
THanks for this but I have an embarrassing question. WHat does EVOO mean? I'm sorry but about this. Most of y'all probably know what that is but I'm just not as savvy as most of you here LOL:icon_blush:

Back