View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

only thing i can comment here is that after evaluating the details of the scores from the CT competition, i learned that there is no normalization. My brisket scores ranged from a 4-6-6 to an 9-9-8. It came in second, but one judge rated it very low, while the other scores were 6-8-8, 7-9-8, 7-8-9, 8-9-9. the ranges were pretty extreme.. Same on the ribs. Seesm its every judge for themselves. They are also not allowed to discuss the entries during judging.

Also, if I understood an explanation properly. All entries start at a 5 which is average and judges rate up or down. This is a new way of doing it and alot of judges still do it the old way where everything starts as a 9 and they rate downwards from there.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.