Favorite sides

pbj

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What are your favorite side dishes with brisket, pulled pork, ribs?

to answer seriously, if its just me and the family, pretty much is just meat. But if i have people coming over, usually potato salad, beans, bread, and dessert usually banana pudding or a cobbler of some kind.

• Thanks
Reactions: pbj
I am open to so many sides, beginning to think side is what the meal is all about. The main course, or meat is very important but the older I get the more I realize the supporting sides are what really make the main course, or meat shine. I like all the regular sides, like bean, slaw, potato salad, corn bread exc, but there is so much more, and so little time to try them, why limit yourself to the normal selection. Now don't get me wrong sometimes I just want a big old hunk of meat, but you really need to open your mind and let them sides in.
Dave

I love the standards already mentioned. Lately, since it is in season in my garden, I've been doing a braised kale in a little covered pan in the smoker when smoking. Surprisingly good as a BBQ side.

I love a good slaw, mayo or no. That figures in almost all BBQ that I do. I also love a good macaroni or potato salad, a good green salad, collards or chard, sauteed mushrooms if where talking beef. I prefer rice over bread myself.

The two sides that my lady usually asks for with any of my bbq meats are my takes on baked beans and cole slaw. When she specially asks for one of the sides, I KNOW that I must be doing IT right. :bow:

Fries, chips, slaw, green beans & bacon, Love a good macaroni salad

Tater salad, creamy Cole slaw, Pork beans, fresh rolls, salad, homemade fries, and a giant farkin' glass of grandma's peach tea!! :thumb:

Crunchy cole slaw, baked beans, baked mac and cheese, corn bread. A nice tall glass of sweet tea to drink, and any and all desserts.

Any & all of the standards but lately we've been focusing on Charro beans, particularly with brisket. And we pretty much always have a berry cobbler & Blue Bell ice cream.

Back