View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
I dont think he moves up to 7th. If there are openings in regional (and there will be because of Trigg) the spots are filled by highest scores across all of the local contests in that region. Rob still has a chance
From Troy Black at the cooks meeting in Austin....

Johnny can cook in more than one Regional, but in the second Regional he is only cooking for $. If Johnny finishes in the top 10 in Ft. Worth, the 10th spot from that contest will be passed down to #11.

I expect Johnny will be in Ft. Worth. That contest is less than 50 miles from his house, and it's a $20k prize list

The following has nothing at all to do with ique, or his post....

I heard some grumbling and whining in the parking lot about Johnny cooking in Austin after he advanced from Las Vegas. That's just silly. Johnny entered Austin first, when registration opened. When Santa Fe wasn't full he entered there, which was well within the rules. He got a pass down from there, and finished top 10 to advance which is again within the rules. Johnny has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong! If someone was concerned about Johnny 'taking their spot', the solution was simple....COOK BETTER! There is a flaw in the system, that has been recognized and will be corrected next year.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->